Anyone with a TUNED 2015+ 6.0? Review

Me too but I'm not go void my warranty to do it.

Same here. I don't know how many times I've read about GM 6.0 HD trucks that have lasted obscenely long with absolutely exceptional reliability records, and I personally believe that GM's aggressive use of torque management has something to do with that. Over 300k miles, you could imagine that saving an awful lot of beating on your axles, transmission, transfer case, etc., not just the engine.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen on another post here about holding the tow/haul button in for 5 seconds after start up, this was for the 1500 with a 5.3. It turns off engine grade braking on your DIC. Anyway did this to my HD gasser & I did notice a difference as the way it shifted & ran. BTW it is mentioned in your owners manual. Try it it's free.

Seen on another post here about holding the tow/haul button in for 5 seconds after start up, this was for the 1500 with a 5.3. It turns off engine grade braking on your DIC. Anyway did this to my HD gasser & I did notice a difference as the way it shifted & ran. BTW it is mentioned in your owners manual. Try it it's free.

What kind of difference did you find? The engine grade braking only comes into effect if you are trying to hold a certain speed while going down hill. Did you find that this helped with quicker and or harder shifts? Or what changed thanks?

What kind of difference did you find? The engine grade braking only comes into effect if you are trying to hold a certain speed while going down hill. Did you find that this helped with quicker and or harder shifts? Or what changed thanks?

The only thing I noticed it glides downhill better.. Before I got a tune.. I drove everywhere in tow haul. (even empty)Tow Haul seemed to help get the 6.0 going.

Seemed to shift harder & a little later at medium throttle, coasted to a full stop but felt it downshift firmer. Mine is bone stock with 19,700 on it. Was just playing around to see if it made a difference...

What is the warranty issue? Can you not remove the tune? The only experiance I have had was a super chips programer in my 7.3 ford. That one I could go back and forth if needed.

Scott

I know that a newer Ford(2011) could tell how many times the ECU was programmed. Meaning that if there are no service records with the dealer of reflashing, they will know someone has programmed the ECU on their own. I'm only assuming that Chevrolet/GMC would have that same capability. If I wasn't worried about voiding my warranty on my 2016 2500HD, I'd be tuning it also!

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2017 at 12:14 PM, i82much said:

Same here. I don't know how many times I've read about GM 6.0 HD trucks that have lasted obscenely long with absolutely exceptional reliability records, and I personally believe that GM's aggressive use of torque management has something to do with that. Over 300k miles, you could imagine that saving an awful lot of beating on your axles, transmission, transfer case, etc., not just the engine.

I think you will see longer life in both the trans and engine with a tune. The EPA makes the factory tuning run rich, leaning through A/F back up to the correct ratio helps the engine. The trans receives tons of help with more line pressure, extended shifts, and fast shift. Removing torque management could hurt it but I for one do not do burn outs or WOT take offs/stupid stuff. Tune it and drive like you have some sense and you will be fine. Remember when vehicles didn't have all these limiters, they would pull till they ran out of power and ran full power through a shift, back then we had to roll into the throttle and drive with sense...

Archived