Anyone with a TUNED 2015+ 6.0? Review

What is the warranty issue? Can you not remove the tune? The only experiance I have had was a super chips programer in my 7.3 ford. That one I could go back and forth if needed.

Scott

The dealers have gotten smart to programmers...they can find "footprints" left even after the deal is set back to stock. It's a chance you take, and would only likely affect you if they either suspected a programmer or it was a part that failed because of a programmer.

I'm waiting for the day they place security on the on board computers and the days of modifying the electronic portion of vehicles goes away...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're in Alberta Canada, I recommend Westers Garage in Tilly. In the $400 range he can get over 400ft/lbs tq running regular.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from my in person tune with CZIPAR Performance with the 6.0.

So far it's GREAT! Did a mild, tow tune, nothing crazy. The shifting is excellent now. No more lagging or gear hunting. It keeps momentum up with very little effort from gas pedal now. It drops a gear when it needs to, very smooth and crisp. Going to test it with 8,000 load tomorrow. I can't say i feel more power.. Just the power is delivered much better to use the POWER! Very happy so far! GET YOUR 6.0 Custom TUNED!

CZIPAR PERFORMANCE

Running 87/89

$380 For in person tune.

Not much power to be had, we tried adding some timing and got spark knock with very little timing added, tried leaning it out a little and got instant spark knock as well, when all was said and done it received a minimum amount of timing and leaned up just a tad, may have added a few horse power and better mileage but I don't think anyone would ever notice a difference.

The difference comes from allowing the throttle body to open 100% ANYTIME vs 78-88% at the very rare opportunity the ECM feels like applying that much power.

I have said many times before a tune is worth it just to get the trans to come to life.

Adding more then one tune is completely worthless, get it tuned with a great tune and you will never need another one or to switch anything.

Towed with it today... Wow, very impressed. Pulls as good or better than my 05 LLY Dmax (in town).. Instant power now. No gear lugging or lag.

Has anyone used the Diablosport intune i1000? I had 275/65-20s installed yesterday and my speedo is off by ~6 mph at 65 mph (based on GPS speed) and I'd like to fix that and maybe tweak a few other things while I'm at it.

I have the same tires and found that I'm only off by maybe 2 mph. Granted, there could be differences between two different brands/models of tire with the same numbers.

I have the same tires and found that I'm only off by maybe 2 mph. Granted, there could be differences between two different brands/models of tire with the same numbers.

I was surprised to see it was off that much. The stock tires were 265/70-17 Duravis, which are ~31.6", and the new tires are Michelin AT2 with a diameter of ~34.1" which is quite a difference. When I first got the OEM 20" wheels, they had worn down stock SR-As on them and I noticed even with them the speedo was off by 1-2 mph. I'm assuming my computer was set based on the size of the tire that was on it when it left the line.

Towed with it today... Wow, very impressed. Pulls as good or better than my 05 LLY Dmax (in town).. Instant power now. No gear lugging or lag.

Give us an update in a week or so on how the gas mileage was affected by the tune please. Did it get better or worse with regular driving around?

Give us an update in a week or so on how the gas mileage was affected by the tune please. Did it get better or worse with regular driving around?

MPG's Are about the same or a little worse.. I drive it a little harder now because it finally has usable power. And its fun :) Where before I just drove it slow.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting a Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator, which I then upgraded to the Max Energy (long story). I installed the regular tune, and fixed the speedo issue. So far my overall impressions of the tune are positive. Other than the speedo, and the regular tune, I bumped the shift firmness up 25%. I didn't change anything else. I might play with the shift points, but for now I'm going to drive it for a couple weeks as is.

There isn't a huge difference, but there is a notable difference. Seems to have more pep, but nothing earth shattering. I think the truck is learning how to run/drive right now as every time I drive it it seems to have a bit more snap than the last time.

Archived