Where can I get detailed info about my new Chevy?

Last weekend I purchased a used 2016 Silverado LT Z-71 and beyond the obvious visual inspection is there a site or place I can go to get detailed information via the truck VIN or other code(s) that will show me all the options the truck has? Things like gear ratio's and so on?

Thanks!

Last weekend I purchased a used 2016 Silverado LT Z-71 and beyond the obvious visual inspection is there a site or place I can go to get detailed information via the truck VIN or other code(s) that will show me all the options the truck has? Things like gear ratio's and so on?

Thanks!

Private message GM customer service on here with your vin number. They will send you a build sheet for your truck.

both of the above are good options. Eeither way you can see all the RPO codes to find out what options your truck was built with.

Is a build sheet the same info as the window sticker?

Yes. It's that big sticker on the window that list all the options,etc...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The codes and the build sheet are handy because not all features of your new truck are noticeable. I also suggest you read your owners' manual. Sometimes it has useful information about your truck! I find that reading this forum also helps! Congratulations on your new truck!

Is a build sheet the same info as the window sticker?

actually the build sheet is way better than the window sticker. It lists every RPO code with a description. you'll never get every item from the window sticker. Here's mine as an example if you've never seen one:

Build Sheet example.PDF

Build Sheet example.PDF

Build Sheet example.PDF

Build Sheet example.PDF

actually the build sheet is way better than the window sticker. It lists every RPO code with a description. you'll never get every item from the window sticker. Here's mine as an example if you've never seen one:

That's perfect! Can't wait to get my own build sheet.

And go through the manual thoroughly (and be the first one in history to do so) page by page. Pay attention to all the "if so equipped" passages and then check to see if yours is so equipped.

Archived