Air Filter Question

I'm obviously doing something wrong here... Anyways, this is the first CAI I've had on a vehicle, and I seem to be having issues removing the air filter to clean and re-oil it. What am I doing wrong to pop this out? I have an aFe Power 54-32332 Magnum Force Stage-2 Pro 5R CAI System. Below is a picture. I loosened up the clamp to the right but even with it basically just hanging there and pulling on the filter, it wouldn't budge.

Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks.

post-147305-0-79021500-1498330568_thumb.jpg

I'm obviously doing something wrong here... Anyways, this is the first CAI I've had on a vehicle, and I seem to be having issues removing the air filter to clean and re-oil it. What am I doing wrong to pop this out? I have an aFe Power 54-32332 Magnum Force Stage-2 Pro 5R CAI System. Below is a picture. I loosened up the clamp to the right but even with it basically just hanging there and pulling on the filter, it wouldn't budge.

Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks.

Just loosen the clamp real loose.

And pull and twist HARDER!!!

Perhaps the answer would be found in this document:

http://afepower.com/media/catalog/product/files/pdpfiles/0/6/06-80550_54-32332_gm_silverado_sierra_14-17_v8-5.3l_6.2l.pdf

When installing anything like sliding rubber onto plastic, a little lube like soap, WD40, white grease, etc. will keep things from locking up together after being exposed to a little under-hood heat.

Perhaps the answer would be found in this document:

http://afepower.com/media/catalog/product/files/pdpfiles/0/6/06-80550_54-32332_gm_silverado_sierra_14-17_v8-5.3l_6.2l.pdf

When installing anything like sliding rubber onto plastic, a little lube like soap, WD40, white grease, etc. will keep things from locking up together after being exposed to a little under-hood heat.

Thanks. To be fair, I didn't have the instructions as I didn't install it myself and failed to look for these online.

In the end, I just got the filter out. I had to undo the clamp, which I did before, and disconnect the tube from the air filter housing. But then you have to push the end of the filter that is connected to the tube back toward the filter housing, and then it popped out.

Appreciate everyones help.

Try a hose removal tool.

Slide it in between the filter, and we it clamps to, and slowly work you way around, till it's free.

When reinstalling, spray some WD-40 on the making surfaces to ease removal next time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Archived