I have a 2003 Silverado LS extended cab that only burns iu from one wheel, I've done research and found out it's an open diffential since I do not have G80 in my Glove box. While doing research I found out to burnout two wheels I need to buy a G80 Eaton differential lock or a Detroit tru trac. I see people saying tru trac is better. I have no knowlege about this.

G80 or Tru Trac

How much will it cost for the lock and to get it installed in California?

Do I have to buy the lock or a whole new axle?

will I be able to burnout with two tires with G80 and Tru Trac?

I haven't tried burning out just assuming. It's burning one tire since there is no G80 in my glove box

i want to take this truck to truck invasion to burnout so will it also be able to drift with either the trutrac or g80?

A buddy of mine got a locking rear end and the whole axle and everything at a junk yard for $500 for his F250 powerstroke. If you're planning on beating it often, I'd get something that's locked all the time.

My dad has a locker in his 7.3 diesel van. It only unlocks when you go around a corner and aren't on the gas. Other than that, it's locked all the time. Traction is better than the G80 in my truck because the G80 has to spin a wheel first before it engages. My dads locker is always engaged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would do a bit of research on the Detroit Locker TurTrac it should be tough enough to take your abuse. Not sure why anyone would want to drift a PU truck though, they are top heavy and not well for/aft weight balanced. That combination will typically end in disaster........that makes for great youtube drifting fail best of the year awards LOL will be looking for you, can you post a pic of the truck before you crash it so I will recognize it?

A buddy of mine got a locking rear end and the whole axle and everything at a junk yard for $500 for his F250 powerstroke. If you're planning on beating it often, I'd get something that's locked all the time.

My dad has a locker in his 7.3 diesel van. It only unlocks when you go around a corner and aren't on the gas. Other than that, it's locked all the time. Traction is better than the G80 in my truck because the G80 has to spin a wheel first before it engages. My dads locker is always engaged

What kind of locker should I get that is always locked?

If you do have a G80 then I suggest you stop trying to do burnouts. Back in the day on here that was the biggest cause for the G80 blowing up.

If you do have a G80 then I suggest you stop trying to do burnouts. Back in the day on here that was the biggest cause for the G80 blowing up.

So then should I just get the Detroit Tru trac?

Haha don't listen to them, drifting trucks is fun. I've had some close calls but it's all part of the game

At least someone understands!

• 3 months later...

The g80 is a low speed locker. Designed for low speed engagement in low traction situations. It will blowup with repeated burnouts. Just ask YouTube ;-)

Eaton G80 in action

Archived