Limited speed?

So I was driving my truck the other night and decided to get on it. It went all the way to 107mph before I let off. Aren't they supposed to be limited to around 99mph? It's a 2017 Silverado 1500 4x4 CC SB 5.3 with 33s and a leveling kit. The engine is completely stock. Maybe the speedo is off because of the tires?

If you never recalibrated it then yeah you're most likely right. Same setup on my truck but recalibrated and it limits out around 97 or so. I figured at 107 it should have been getting close though

I have a 17 RCSB silverado with stock tires and it went all the way to 110 on the speedo and never cut out but I let off. Ill have to see when it actually cuts out.

Looks like GM has raised the limiter a bit. It was 98 for everything up to 2014? What are the speed rating of the tires on the 2016s when they come from the factory that are able to do 112? GM often sets the speed limiter based upon the speed rating of the tires it comes from the factory with.

Looks like GM has raised the limiter a bit. It was 98 for everything up to 2014? What are the speed rating of the tires on the 2016s when they come from the factory that are able to do 112? GM often sets the speed limiter based upon the speed rating of the tires it comes from the factory with.

I had the 22s with Bridgestone dueler rhs if that makes any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived