Wife and I are Expecting Our First Child

dirtfan21

Well today is our 2nd wedding anniversary and this morning we had our 12 week checkup, kind of funny it worked out that way. Got to hear the baby's hearbeat for the first time, that was incredible. Up till that point it didn't quite seem real yet, other than mamma's morning sickness. We told our parents and siblings after our last Dr.'s appointment at 8 weeks, but we are finally going to let the secret out of the bag over the holiday weekend. Heartbeat was a healthy rate and the Doc said mamma is completely healthy as well.

Just a proud Dad to be here wanting to spread our Joy! I'm sure I'll remember this year's Forth of July weekend for the rest of my life. Cheers to health and family.

Congrats. The time will fly. I know for me it was a matter of getting used to the new normal as things progressed- her limitations being pregnant, being at the hospital with the little one, and finally beginning our new life as a family at home. I just try to take each change as a little step. And yes, it's ok to be scared once the little one is here. I asked a few friends that after we had our little girl. I was just worried about being a good enough dad and providing for her and the wife. Sure enough, it all works out.

Maybe there is more to this story posted on this TRUCK site? Got to be a connection here somewhere........does your truck have a back seat? Hahahahahahaha

Thanks for all the kind words and wisdom guys. It is a weird feeling right now. I'm so overjoyed, but also so darn nervous at the same time. We just sold our house as well to move back to the country on a bigger piece of land. We had a smaller starter home we renovated in town, made a good chunk on it so we can hopefully find something over an acre now. I grew up on my grandfather's farm and rented his second farm house for years, she grew up on 3 acres one township over. So our ultimate goal was to get back out there one day. We figured do it now before the kid comes.

So, long story short, I'm stressed out to the max. Just want to find the right home for her to be comfortable, and like was mentioned before, want to be the best provider/husband and dad I can. Luckily, we have the farmhouse to move into for the time being and take our time finding the right home. We both are also very lucky to have wonderful families near us to assist when needed.

whatever you do, don't get the baby wet. I did on my first and somehow I now have three kids. jk :D

as scary as it seems, when the baby comes all those fears go out the window as you're too tired for anything else.

congrats!!

Congrats man, Hope you have an extended cab or crewcab truck....

:thumbs:

Have an ext cab now, after we find a house, have the baby, and get settled in with our budget I'll be looking to upgrade to a new crew cab. Waiting to see what the new platform offers. The wife has a '15 Terrain, so that will be the priority baby hauler unless I'm pulling the waverunner or trailer somewhere with them. We have a 3 year old black lab as well and she comes everywhere with us. Unfortunately the crew cab will be a necessity at some point.

Archived