Wife and I are Expecting Our First Child

dirtfan21

Have an ext cab now, after we find a house, have the baby, and get settled in with our budget I'll be looking to upgrade to a new crew cab. Waiting to see what the new platform offers. The wife has a '15 Terrain, so that will be the priority baby hauler unless I'm pulling the waverunner or trailer somewhere with them. We have a 3 year old black lab as well and she comes everywhere with us. Unfortunately the crew cab will be a necessity at some point.

When you guys have the baby take a blanket the baby has slept with home and introduce to the dog prior to bringing the baby home. We did this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have an ext cab now, after we find a house, have the baby, and get settled in with our budget I'll be looking to upgrade to a new crew cab. Waiting to see what the new platform offers. The wife has a '15 Terrain, so that will be the priority baby hauler unless I'm pulling the waverunner or trailer somewhere with them. We have a 3 year old black lab as well and she comes everywhere with us. Unfortunately the crew cab will be a necessity at some point.

This sounds like where I was at. With baby 1 I had super cab f150, wife had a equinox. Have a lab and had a jet ski as well.

Now once number 2 showed up have a crew cab sierra, wife has an explorer, my lab is graying faster than ever, and my jet ski was sold for a new roof and a browning a5.

Kids change everything, it's so much fun.

Labrador progression before kids versus after kids for reference. Best dog with kids though wouldn't have it any other way.

edbc3377f55cb4bf589b0c7cb0343fca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ X2

Enjoy that jet ski this summer, because those toys will take a back seat to family life. Sad thing is once you get the kids grown and out of the house, your gonna be too old to want a jet ski except for maybe the grand children to ride.

Toys don't have to take a backseat. I got my Camaro a month before my daughter was born. Except for the hair in her face she loves it.

Once my son gets a bit older we are going to look into a 4 wheeler and/or a jet ski.

Kids do not equal a jail sentence. You have to live

5c7ec28bba2e42ce51d9d2e878afb81b.jpg

Pray for your dog lol these two drive each other crazy

a0d6c9b27ff829c3a928af11e113dd34.jpg

Ryan B.

^I agree with Ryan on the blanket move. We did that and then I had the wife go in first as we were away at the hospital for almost a week. Then I brought our little one in in the bucket(carrier), and took some time letting them investigate. Ours are great with her too, but our lab didn't like losing all the attention as the baby of the house.

The thing with having kids is you're never going to be ready. There's no such thing as the "right time" It's like a first date you don't know what to expect, you ran threw every possible scenario in your head just to find out you didn't think of everything. It's best to not over think and roll with the punches.

When everyone is rubbing your wife's stomach saying good job, just remember you helped as well, give your male appendage a pat on the back because no one else will....

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatever you do, don't get the baby wet. I did on my first and somehow I now have three kids. jk :D

as scary as it seems, when the baby comes all those fears go out the window as you're too tired for anything else.

congrats!!

Yeah, and you gain the super powers to sleep through anything and hear a cry through any other noise.

Just remember: Every step of the way, you'll think it's amazingly great. But the next step, and the next are EVEN BETTER.

THE blessing. No other way to say it. Congratulations dad!

Congratulations!!!

Know this, just because you heard A heart beat, there could always be a second one!!! :)

That's what we were surprised with at the first ultra sound.... Identical twin boys who just turned 14 this month!!!

Hope all goes well and the sickness subsides.

Archived