Harbor Freight DA polisher

Anyone have any actual hands on experience using it? Just wondering how it would hold up to maybe 1-2x year use for my truck?

Seemed to get decent reviews on HF.com. I figure that the pads and compounds used matter more than the actual polisher? But maybe not?

This is the one. I think I have a coupon for $54.99.

https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-57-amp-heavy-duty-dual-action-variable-speed-polisher-69924.html

My opinion?

You spent 45k+ on your truck.

You really want to save the $200 instead of getting a porter cable and good pads/supplies?

Otherwise just properly clean and wax your vehicle regularly with a once a year decontaminate/claybar process and call it good.

I'm guessing it would probably work just fine for the average DIY'r. The key would be using quality pads and compound. There's a ton of threads on them over at Autogeek.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the HF model for small jobs and small areas.

I have the Griots Garage basic model not the pro stuff and there is a tremendous different in the vibration.

If you are doing the whole truck you will have to stop a few times and shake out your hands when using the HF model.

The GG model is not a problem.

Again the pads from HF are not on the same level as the other makers. But,,, can do a good job for small areas.

Porter Cable. Neighbor has one that is old and used for his vehicles and some details for money. Still going.

I bought the Porter Cable. :happysad:

That Torqx is $130 at summit. Pads were $12 a piece. Not a bad deal you linked there. I'd get it if you're in the market for one. You can easily get your ride cleaned up and do some polishing on the side. Mine was paid for after the first detail I used it on.

That Torqx is $130 at summit. Pads were $12 a piece. Not a bad deal you linked there. I'd get it if you're in the market for one. You can easily get your ride cleaned up and do some polishing on the side. Mine was paid for after the first detail I used it on.

Yeah, i got busy at work and forgot about the prime day deal. the package was on sale for $140.

i bought a HF unit, regreased it and spent the money i saved to buy a high quality backing plate and pads. Works wonderfully.

Did you just take it apart and re-pack it with more grease or different grease?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived