Remote Start?

hey guys i have a 2017 black out edition silverado wt and it didnt come with remote start or at least it wasnt activated? so im just wondering how i would go about getting it activated and what not let me know guys thanks! also where would i get a steering with volume control and how would that be installed just at audio place or what?

Remote start is an available accessory. Steering wheel replacement is likely to be a lot more work, but don't know for sure.

Hmm so if i buy that does it need to be installed at the dealership? Thats probably gonna cost even more huh

Had remote start added to my 14 after I bought it. Had it done at dealer, it was around $325 if I remember correctly. Came with 2 new key fobs. I would stick with oem, that way you only have to carry one key fob. As far as the steering wheel, I have seen a post on here before about a guy changing it to the one with volume control. I would do a search and see what you can find.

hey guys i have a 2017 black out edition silverado wt and it didnt come with remote start or at least it wasnt activated? so im just wondering how i would go about getting it activated and what not let me know guys thanks! also where would i get a steering with volume control and how would that be installed just at audio place or what?

I'd recommend checking out the EVO remote starters. I helped my dad install one in his Chrysler mini-van and it was very easy to install and works perfectly, while also using his existing key fobs so he didn't have to have something else added to his key ring.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017O8O650/

so you bought a work truck and now want all the options that come standard on higher trims? I hope you saved enough on your purchase to counter all the money you will spend after the fact.

But, if it was me, i would definitely want my GM key fob to start it, so if that means having a dealer install it, that might cost more, but I'd rather have that than some hack job by Joe's Audio Video down on the corner (and you now have to carry around a separate fob just for the start function)

does your key fob have a start button? if not you're looking to replace those too...

I always like factory remote start just for looks.

But on my wife's old car, her aftermarket blew my factory out of the water. 10x the range, lights that show when the car started, etc. And it was just a mid-range Astrostart. And this was ~2009 or 2010.

I'm guessing they've come a long ways in the meantime. The factory myChevy app remote start is awesome, and I'd guess there'd be some 3rd party equivalent.

so you bought a work truck and now want all the options that come standard on higher trims? I hope you saved enough on your purchase to counter all the money you will spend after the fact.

But, if it was me, i would definitely want my GM key fob to start it, so if that means having a dealer install it, that might cost more, but I'd rather have that than some hack job by Joe's Audio Video down on the corner (and you now have to carry around a separate fob just for the start function)

does your key fob have a start button? if not you're looking to replace those too...

The GM kit I listed included two new fobs.

Do your self a favor get the OEM version. So many problems with aftermarket remote start kits, its not so much the kit, its the install. OEM is plug and play, dealer flashes it and your on your way.

As others have said, get the OEM one, contact Onstar and upgrade your app to be compatible with it and range is only limited to your internet signal. want to start your truck 10,000miles away, you can do that.

As others have said, get the OEM one, contact Onstar and upgrade your app to be compatible with it and range is only limited to your internet signal. want to start your truck 10,000miles away, you can do that.

for a couple years.

I'm waiting for a permanent solution, but I'm still within my original term from when I bought it. (5 years for my 2015)

Archived