Remote Start?

for a couple years.

I'm waiting for a permanent solution, but I'm still within my original term from when I bought it. (5 years for my 2015)

When is the first batch of these 5 year terms up? Was '14 the first year of truck with this?

I've never been able to determine what happens after 5 years.

When is the first batch of these 5 year terms up? Was '14 the first year of truck with this?

Nick, I can't remember now, but the 2014s may only have gotten 3 years? I know it changed between 3 and 5 years on different model years.

If that's true the 2014 owners would already be out of luck now. We'll have to ask. maybe i'll start a new thread about that, I have called Onstar to ask this question and they won't/ can't give me any answers. they only tell me the 3 plans they offer, of which I am not interested at all. I would pay a small fee to just have the app, but none of their other "services" are worth anything to me.

Yes 2014 was the first year (basically the new design). You get the OnStar "Basic" plan for free. This includes the app as well as remote diagnostics (they send you a monthly email).

Right now after 5 years you will lose these features. OnStar currently doesn't offer the "Basic" plan in a paid version. I hope they decide to change because like other people I would be willing to pay a small fee to keep just those features.

I love my OEM remote start, I can fire up my truck in the next parking lot over from inside the building at work.

I have not noticed a range issue.

It is a good option to have........ Loved it on my 2007.5 Duramax that really did need warning up - and love it on the 2017 NHT - that and the auto down all 4 windows all at once from the fob rocks............

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

remote start is honestly one feature i cared least about upon purchase but have found myself using it daily especially on hotter days to cool the car off a few minutes prior to getting in

• 2 weeks later...

OEM with OnStar is the way to go.

Start your vehicle from anywhere you have cell service. It's a very nice feature, have used it on both hot and cold days.

Runs the truck 10 minutes and turns it off. If it's 30 below out you can do it one more time for 20 minutes of warm up. I've never had a truck 5 years, but if I ever do I'd probably pay for OnStar to keep it.

I don't know if you ever decided on anything but I thought I would chime in. I also have a WT but mine didn't come with remote fobs at all. I just had part #22997089 installed which was referenced earlier in this thread. I highly recommend it. It connects to the harness so there's no splicing wires like aftermarket kits and it's all oem looking. Only downside is that the dealer had to program it as they have to call gm to have it activated on your truck. To me it's worth it as I prefer oem looks and function even if aftermarket has more features.

Archived