2000 s10 2.2 passlock will not relearn

got the truck from a friend that bought it new...he had issues for 5 years...i quickly figured out it was passlock..it would start then die in a second

i did the resistor mod and it started and ran on it's own...the key cylinder was worn out so i replaced it...after replacing the cylinder it would no longer start at all and i can't get passlock to reset

the security light stays on solid and nevr goes out as it should during the 10 - 30 minute reset procedure...yesterday i installed another ecm/bcm that i bought from a guy that programs them to your VIN number thinking that would do the trick...i tried the relearn/reset procedure and get the same results...the security light never goes out and it still won't start...before installing the new ECM, i left the battery cables disconnected over night...

i'm getting spark and fuel, the truck has good compression and all fuses are good...what else can i try...

• 1 month later...

Mavis,

You stated that you get "fuel" when you did your checks. The Passlock system shuts down the fuel system for 10 minutes. If you do get fuel, what is the fuel pressure??? Now for the steady security light, do you have access to a scan tool that can read the codes that are in the BCM and ECM??? Go to the nearest Autozone Parts store and check out the scan tool to read the codes. Do you still have access to the old ignition lock cylinder to see if the truck will restart??? Did you remove the 3 wire connector at the top of the Passlock system and tighten the 3 female pins that connect to the male pins on the Passlock assembly??? For additional improvement, take a very small nylon tie, clip the male end off and insert into the Passlock 3 pin connector to apply side pressure to the 3 pin connector. Also, is the 3 pin female Passlock connector black or white in color???

Archived