Fixed my gas pedal flex

It made quite a difference in throttle response. I did mine differently than what was posted here using a piece of a paint stirring stick. I found an old aluminum C shaped clamp used for attaching a shell topper to the truck bed. I cut off one leg of it to make it an L shape. Then I cut the L shape to only be about ¾" wide. I then pulled up on the gas pedal allowing me to jam it behind the gas pedal bracket with the lower part of the L bracket at the bottom, resting on the edge of the opening. This will keep it from sliding down and out of place. Too easy!!!

between my Airaid MIT, diablo tune throttle boost, their performance tune and the pedal flex, I am now very happy that my truck feels like it has a 6.2 monster under the hood now! :drool:

between my Airaid MIT, diablo tune throttle boost, their performance tune and the pedal flex, I am now very happy that my truck feels like it has a 6.2 monster under the hood now! :drool:

I want that feeling :tear:

The clamp is a great idea but why did you start a new thread for this? It would be better to have it in the same thread as all the other fixes.

Maybe the mods can merge it ...

Yep simple... Yep it's worth doing. I even noticed a little better throttle response from the steady pedal. Not near as much as I noticed boosting the throttle on my tune, but it is worth it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My throttle response isn't to bad, but this is so simple to do I will just go ahead and do it. I'll probably use a piece of hard rubber, I had heard that GM designed it with the flex to eliminate any vibration back to the pedal. Thanks for posting your fix!

Archived