This here's a good "my truck rocks" thread for a change

Yesterday I completed a road trip from around Watertown, NY, just a couple exits down from Canada, to visit my family in my home near Tampa, FL. The total distance was about 1350 or so miles, averaging 85 mph or so on the interstates and less on the small back roads. Used Grade Braking alot on the mountains, which were way easier to navigate than last time which was at 11 pm when they were covered in ice. Total trip time was probably around 24 hours, stopping only for gas and caffeine. But the point of this post is just to say how good of a workhorse my truck is, it's just a 2 wheel drive with the 4.3L V6, and even with the 33" mud tires I got to help with the snow it did absolutely fine. I averaged 20 mpg the whole trip (never really tried to drive economically, I was boogiein' on the interstate whenever I got a chance). My truck is in fact a shaker, but it didn't bother me one bit and to be honest I don't notice it anymore. But I feel like I'll be able to make that trip 100 more times and the truck won't bat an eye. Regardless of what anyone says, these trucks are durable.

I just drove from Michigan to the farthest part of North Carolina yesterday. Towed my 6x14 v nosed enclosed trailer absolutely loaded with my daughters belongings and her new husband stuff. I loved the 8 speed ( except for a huge..I mean huge CLANK CLUNK BANG shift out of nowhere. I used tow/haul in the mountains and never had to touch the brakes going downhill.

It pulls like a frieght train even with the heavy 33" tires. Had some shaking of course but as of now I wouldn't want to go back to my 2011. Averaged 14.5 mpg towing. Leaving to return home in a couple hours so I'm guessing I can average almost 16 with a empty trailer.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Yesterday I completed a road trip from around Watertown, NY, just a couple exits down from Canada, to visit my family in my home near Tampa, FL. The total distance was about 1350 or so miles, averaging 85 mph or so on the interstates and less on the small back roads. Used Grade Braking alot on the mountains, which were way easier to navigate than last time which was at 11 pm when they were covered in ice. Total trip time was probably around 24 hours, stopping only for gas and caffeine. But the point of this post is just to say how good of a workhorse my truck is, it's just a 2 wheel drive with the 4.3L V6, and even with the 33" mud tires I got to help with the snow it did absolutely fine. I averaged 20 mpg the whole trip (never really tried to drive economically, I was boogiein' on the interstate whenever I got a chance). My truck is in fact a shaker, but it didn't bother me one bit and to be honest I don't notice it anymore. But I feel like I'll be able to make that trip 100 more times and the truck won't bat an eye. Regardless of what anyone says, these trucks are durable.

Hand calculated numbers????

Good to read the long trip went well. I have driven that trip MANY times, but never in my truck. Hopefully next year I will get to take her to Florida from Canada!

Hand calculated numbers????

U have to assume not when hand calc is not stated...........

Coming from a 2007.5 Duramax I can honestly say this 6.2L NHT truck does everything I demanded of the diesel and more. And does it with far more comfort and style.............

:thumbs::thumbs:

So far, I am in this class with my Silverado. Hopefully this won't change. From an earlier post of mine in another GM truck forum:

PS: Fillups were done manually against the DIC MPG and the DIC was nearly "right on" and in agreement.

post-166280-0-47202300-1498760842_thumb.jpg

post-166280-0-48318100-1498823413_thumb.jpg

I did the Boston to Ft Lauderdale trip in March. right about 1500 miles each way we did it in 22 hours. truck had 86 to start and about 91k when I returned. 2 weeks after I got back my trans started shifting funny and the truck was in/out of the shop for the following 6 weeks trying to figure out what was wrong. after threatening the buy back and lawyer chevy finally agreed to replace my trans. now shes at 98k and shifts "chevy normal"

My truck rocks ! I haven't taken an long trips but I've put 40 thousand on it. I have had fun modding it and it has turned into a beast. After my tune at 1500 miles my tranny has been so sweet. I absolutely love this truck more everyday. Originally I was going to trade it at about 50,000 miles. By 30000 miles I had changed my mind. I'm going to keep it and drive the wheels off of it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just started the return journey today, truck handled the first leg to a NC/SC border town like a beast. Averaged 20.5 mpg and my average speed on the interstate was probably 80 mph or so at least, GA and FL have alot of really wide lanes so you have plenty of real estate in your "bubble". To further support my truck's fuel economy, my DIC says I should make it about 520 miles on a tank of gas, and I made it from Tampa, FL to St George, SC before filling up and I had about 5 or so gallons left.

Could it be the reason the DIC is more optimistic in mileage is that it only actually calculates MPG when the vehicle is actually in motion or in Drive?

Archived