Best leveling coilovers/UCA with stock rims

I have a 2014 Denali and I currently have the ride height adjustable bilsteins shocks and they don't lift the truck enough to actually level it and I am wanting something with better performance. I want a coilover that gives 2.5-3" of front lift and upper control arms. I am looking at the icon, King, fox and Baja kits but I want to run my stock 20" rims. Does anyone have any input on what kit they went with, how it rides and if it can run stock rims?

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Edited by TEXAG14Denali

I have a 2014 Denali and I currently have the ride height adjustable bilsteins shocks and they don't lift the truck enough to actually level it and I am wanting something with better performance. I want a coilover that gives 2.5-3" of front lift and upper control arms. I am looking at the icon, King, fox and Baja kits but I want to run my stock 20" rims. Does anyone have any input on what kit they went with, how it rides and if it can run stock rims?

Cognito arms, fox 2.5 coilovers, ran great with stock 22" rims, now have them with aftermarket 17" wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running King 2.5s at 3" right now with stock 20" wheels. I put on Cognito UCAs. They ran fine at 2.5" as well.

I'm going to put different wheels (18") and tires on, but could easily fit a bit wider tires on these wheels - likely 285 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks both y'all for the responses. I am hoping to run 295/55/20 with this setup. Do you have a part number or a link to where you bought your kings? How do you like the Kings? I have heard all great things about the foxes. Are the kings that much better or does it come down to personal preference?

Thanks again for yalls help!

I am currently running Boss Coilovers at 2.5" with stock 20s on 295/55R20s. Didn't change out the UCAs. No rubbing. The ride is absolutely night and day from the factory ride.

Boss Coilovers are from Halo Lifts. They have been around for years with products for Ford trucks. They recently brought on their line of GM products. They tested for a year or so on their shop truck. With their ultimate kit they are running 35's on stock 20s. I will provide a link to their website and a link to their ultimate kit. They also have been working Total Chaos UCAs which I will also provide a link too.

Boss Coilovers website: http://www.f150lifts.com/HaloLifts_bymfg_15-0-1.html

Ultimate Kit direct link: http://www.f150lifts.com/2007-UP-GM-SilveradoSierra-1500-Boss-Ultimate-Kit_p_220.html

Total Chaos UCAs link: http://www.f150lifts.com/Total-Chaos-Upper-Control-Arms-for-the-GM-1500-2014-2wd-4wd_p_237.html

I spent a lot of time researching like you I am sure. I saw the above thread and called Alex directly. He explained the entire company background to me and the entire testing process of the Boss Coilovers on their shop truck. I was sold once I spoke with him for nearly an hour. I am glad I made the choice of Boss Coilovers and I don't think you will be disappointed either.

Edited by txab

They're all going to be awesome for a 2.5 series coilover. Just make sure you get a UCA that fits with your wheel offset/backspacing.

But Icon will stand out compared to Fox, King, Baja because of their digressive valving piston. Fox, King, Baja are all progressive valve stack.

So basically - digressive valving means you have better control at slower speeds and the valving gets softer at higher speeds.

Progressive will be the exact opposite of this, less control at slower speeds, and gets stiffer at higher speeds.

And if you're only looking for 1.5"-2" of lift with stock UCAs, Fox 2.0s are what you're looking for (under $1k total for parts).

Also - Class of '13 here, met a few Ags on here so far.

Edited by ChevyRoofer

I was Class of 16. Thanks for the input. I went with the kings all around and Cognito UCA. I've been told they will fit with my factory Denali 20"

Thinking maybe I should have gone with icons? Hopefully the Kings are really great for what they cost.

Thanks

Nice hope you landed a job after grad as easy as I did.

Kings are top of the line, you will not be disappointed. Make sure to share some pictures with us, you going to install them?

Also, going bigger tires or stock size?

I got a really good local shop to quote me at $500 for install of everything and alignment. Rather them do it right than myself mess something up. I'll post pictures when it's done. My Bilsteins at the highest setting still don't level out the truck. I'm thinking because it's a Denali the front was extra low. Wondering if setting the Kings at 3" will level it perfect, be too high or still not enough.

Can you adjust the shock height when they are installed?

Thanks

I got a really good local shop to quote me at $500 for install of everything and alignment. Rather them do it right than myself mess something up. I'll post pictures when it's done. My Bilsteins at the highest setting still don't level out the truck. I'm thinking because it's a Denali the front was extra low. Wondering if setting the Kings at 3" will level it perfect, be too high or still not enough.

Can you adjust the shock height when they are installed?

Thanks

I'm gonna try for 275/65/20 but will probably end up going with 275/60/20.

You'll easily be able to fit a 275/65/20, just gotta watch out for a wider tire as I think these UCAs can only accommodate a 285 width or less, otherwise it'll rub the UCA.

What city are you in? I installed my 4 corners in 3 hours and got an alignment for $50! If you're ever interested on the install, it's pretty dang easy actually.

The King 2.5s are definitely adjustable once installed on the vehicle. And at 2.5-3" of lift in the front you should be perfectly level.

I've still got 2.5" of rake and I raised the front 1.5" and the rear 1". So 3" should be perfect, but I will tow a boat so I prefer some rake.

I'd talk with Corncob to see how many threads he has above/below the collar so you can do the same and make it easier on install height.

Ok great. I live in the Dallas area. Thats good to hear the 275/65 will fit. I will ask corncob what his are set at.

I have also read some conflicting threads about cutting part of the frame that is to prevent over extension? With the Kings and UCAs is that ok to cut off?

Thanks