Tundra and Denali

So I'm on vacation and there is a tundra and a 17 Denali sitting side by side. And in my opinion I don't know how anyone can think the the tundra is a nicer truck. All's I can say is that new Denali is sweet looking truck.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For sure man!! Denali!!

Was the creation of this post assisted by booze?? It seems a few threads today certainly could be!!

This response is brought to you by Busch!! Haha. But seriously, Denali!!

For sure man!! Denali!!

Was the creation of this post assisted by booze?? It seems a few threads today certainly could be!!

This response is brought to you by Busch!! Haha. But seriously, Denali!!

Lol...maybe a little but still would not change my mind. Every time I walk by it I think "Damn that's a nice truck".

I remember when I worked at a lumber yard/building material store a contractor had a Silverado and traded it for a Tundra because the Tundra had more "balls". I believe they offer Tundras with axle gears as low as 4.10 from the factory. So sometimes it's not all about looks. I'm a GM guy through and through, but luckily I don't feel the need for even leather seats let alone all of the luxuries that a Denali, High Country or even an LTZ or SLT have. I like some stuff, but some I don't care for so I guess I'm a mid trim level guy.

While the tundra is a nice truck, I owned a 08 crewmax, there essentially the same as what 07 and that bugs me. Drop huge coin on a truck that hasn't had much done to it, especially in the engine department.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2017 Toyota Tundra interiorattachicon.gif2017 Toyota Tundra interior.jpg

Only thing I don't like is the auto shifter in the floor instead of on the column. To me for a truck or SUV a manual goes on the floor and an auto goes on the column. A car can go either way with the auto.

I've had more GMs lately Hyundais, can't recall a anyone showcasing a vehicle with 1,000,000 miles other than Tundra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when I worked at a lumber yard/building material store a contractor had a Silverado and traded it for a Tundra because the Tundra had more "balls". I believe they offer Tundras with axle gears as low as 4.10 from the factory. So sometimes it's not all about looks. I'm a GM guy through and through, but luckily I don't feel the need for even leather seats let alone all of the luxuries that a Denali, High Country or even an LTZ or SLT have. I like some stuff, but some I don't care for so I guess I'm a mid trim level guy.

You can actually get a 4.30 rear end with the 5.7. However, that doesn't tell the whole story... you need to look at trans ratios. 1st gear on the Tundra 6 speed is 3.33:1. First gear on the 8L90 is 4.56:1.

The more important topic when comparing these two truck is the safety ratings of each. If I was on the market for a new truck, let's just say they all cost about $45k.... why would I buy one that is significantly more unsafe than multiple other options in the class? And the more unsafe truck is a design from 2007. So yeah, you probably won't have the recalls, TSB's and other headaches people have with our trucks or the new F150.... but I rather deal with some repairs like an adult and have the safer vehicle. Unreal how people completely miss the boat on this one. The ram is in the same camp as the Tundra. I bought my'14 because it was the safest truck in the class. Ford was pedaling 2004 F150's at full sticker still waiting for their new aluminum trucks. Right now the F150 and K2XX are the two safest trucks in class. I give Ford a lot of props for the engineering work they put into the small overlap test. If I had to go buy a truck tomorrow morning I would start with the F150 and shop it against the Silverado. Top 2 in class. And the funny thing is the business model is.... Let's run this old platform and keep maximizing profit. Let's keep making this old truck so we don't open ourselves to any recalls and bad media coverage. So it's a win win for Toyota. Make money, stay out of the lime light and dummys that think the truck is great because they don't want to deal with anyy "issues". Except for the fact if you get in a wreck you've got a big "issue" to deal with. Just think how perfected the horse carriage could be if we kept making them until today.

Archived