Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

Injuries Related to Pressure Valve Reported At Detroit-Hamtramck Plant

post-139450-0-00709200-1499354960_thumb.jpeg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
7-6-2017

An accident at the General Motors Detroit-Hamtramck plant left three workers with injuries. AP reports that pressure from a valve caused the injuries. Reports of an "Explosion" may have been an exaggeration.

The Detroit-Hamtramck has been building cars since 1985 and is now the primary location for Chevy Volt production. The plant is a bit unusual in that it builds cars for three brands, Buick, Cadillac, and Chevrolet, and it builds both front and rear-wheel drive cars.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      11-8-2017

Former GM Vice Chairman of the Board, and long-time automotive executive, Bob Lutz, has weighed in on autonomous vehicles and his expectations of the future will give any truck owner chills. In a nutshell, Lutz predicts that automobile ownership will shift to ride-share companies like Uber and GM’s partner Lyft. Lutz predicts that the big tipping point will come when self-driving cars, which will be electric vehicles, by the way, make up 20% or so of the total U.S. fleet. Following that point of acceptance, the U.S. will legislate the end of private automobiles on public roads. Lutz says, "Everyone will have 5 years to get their car off the road..."
      This may seem like crazy talk, but coming from Lutz it gets us thinking hard about how he could be wrong. Certainly, in rural areas, private ownership will hang on longer, and contractors who use private vehicles will be the last to be pushed away from using their work vehicles for other purposes.

Having shared the first part of the full story which Automotive News has begun to publish in sections with some of my colleagues, many good points were raised. One that really stuck in my head was from a friend who lives just outside of a major U.S. city with no public transportation from his town about 10 miles outside the city center, where he works. He said, “I am involved in a big artificial intelligence project at work and this guy’s predictions are definitely on target. In fact, his timeline may be a little conservative. I spend at least two hours a day commuting in my car and the time I spend driving is essentially wasted time. I’d much rather be in the backseat reading, watching the news or catching up on email.” The person who wrote that is not some Greenpeace activist living off the grid. He’s a guy I once knew to have the coolest and fastest Camaros I have ever seen. He drives normal everyday internal combustion cars and is ready for change.

What say you GM-Trucks.com faithful? Give the article a read and poke holes in it if you think it is off-base. 

• By highspeedvehicle
      Just thought I'd share this letter I recieved from GM Canada today. I don't have this issue but I hope it could help others that paid for a repair in recouping your hard earned cash on an obvious manufacturer defect. 

• By BlackBearPerf
      We are now tuning 2018 GM vehicles. For more information please email us [email protected] 
    • By BlackBearPerf
      What: Black Bear Performance Tunes (98-2016 GM vehicles only)
      Where: Charlotte, NC
      When: 2-4 December 2017
      How Much: $80 deposit for time slot, $260 at time of tune (total $340)
      ($40 discount on tune with purchase of AutoCal at the same time)
      Please go to Calendar of Events http://www.blackbearperformance.com/calendar.asp to submit your deposit.
      If folks want spare modules the prices are as follows:
      $100 - 99-07 Classic Gen-III
      $140 ECM / $50 TCM - Gen-IV Trucks and SUVs
      $279 AutoCal
      **We will need to ship out the modules before the meet for people to install them and perform the security relearn prior to being tuned.
      **2017 models cannot be tuned at an off-site event.
      **Any tune updates need to be scheduled directly with us prior to the meet by email, [email protected] Please email your update request (please include vehicle details – year, make, model, engine – along with what you would like updated). We will try our best to accommodate your request, but you will not be given a time slot, rather we will fit you into the schedule as time permits.
      **Please Note: The email address that is used to pay your deposit is the email address that we will send all correspondence to. If you would like us to use a different email address, please email me at [email protected] to notify me of the email address change.
    • By sierra1412
      2017 sierra A/T crew cab I have the most annoying tick noise over bumps, coming from the b pillar behind my left ear and it is driving me brick house, I've pulled at the trim off put my hands on everything made sure everything is tight, stuff rags in between contact points, I've run out of ideas, anyone have an guidance for me, I'm a ex gm technician of 5 years , I know what I'm doing but of course my own truck baffles me..per usual any new bulletins or tsbs?