Sierra Denali Swing Step

I have AMP steps and they are wife approved. At first see that they where going to be another waste of my money for the truck, but as soon as she took her first step on them. I got the approval that they where a great idea. My wife is 5' 2" and she wants them for her 4runner, every since she tried them on my vehicle.

The GM tri fold steps are a waste of money, they are big, don't lower to make it easier to get in, and over all are ugly.

After a bit more research I see that the AMP step only comes out the biggest advantage of the factory trifold step is the ability to swing further out and back. Makes it super easy to reach the toolbox in the bed plus washing the top of the cab is a breeze with the step out and back to step up on. I think I will keep mine as long as the dealership can fix the ghost problem where occasionally the drivers side step will not extend out and will not close........

post-127028-0-59497300-1496841393_thumb.jpg

Makes it super easy to reach the toolbox in the bed plus washing the top of the cab is a breeze with the step out and back to step up on.

I use my Amps to wash the top of the cab all the time (and to clean the rear window and front windshield).

I will admit that they don't let you reach into the bed but Amp makes a separate step for that.

Personally I needed the "down and out" action of the Amps. The factory ones just don't help at all with step height and you usually bang your shins on them. But to each his own -- it's great that we have choices!!

I have noticed a few times now that the step will NOT extend when the door is opened on the drivers side plus several times where it will NOT retract until I drive off and the failsafe forces it closed. I guess there is a door indicator switch or something that has already gone bad. Should be able to get fixed up under warranty but just makes you wonder how reliable the system is going to be down the road. Maybe Jeb1966 has the right idea to just trade them for some AMP steps. Jeb1966 do the AMP steps utilize the factory wiring?

I have the same problem with my driver's side steps not deploying randomly on my '17. Will have the dealer address during next service visit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Take them off.

I removed them from both of my Denalis, replaced them with AMPs. I sold one set on here and donated the second set to a technical school.

I'm 6'2 wife is 5ft. We both use them. Factory steps are for looks only, she hated them and I stepped over them every time I got in truck.

They are being re*engineered for 2019 maybe it will be an improvement.

• 8 months later...