Question for you folks here -

The local dealership said I am due for some new struts on the ol' truck (2009 silverado crew cab) when I went to take it in for an oil change. Now I typically like to do everything myself, but am currently stuck in Missouri for another year so I don't have access to my garage. Anyway, they quoted me at $580 to get the front done. So i was planning to shop around or even see if I could bang it out in a carport. However, now when I go to stop, I've noticed something odd. Sometimes when I apply pressure to the brakes I get a squeel (may be time for new brakes but we've also gotten a lot of rain) and after I come to a complete "stop", the truck kind of lurches forward and groans a little. It doesn't do it every time, but enough that I'm starting to notice. Would this be due to the warn out struts or should I investigate the brakes further? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Struts are easy to replace yourself especially if you are doing the brakes. I had a Big Brand tire shop do the press work for $20 each. All you need is a 15mm wrench, 15mm, 18mm deep and 22mm sockets and jack/ stands. I did it in the driveway in 3 hours for both sides

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How high do we need to raise the front end, on jack stands?

I didn't know how far the front strut(s) extend when released...

When you jack it up, once the tires are off the ground, you are good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived