2017 LT front end swap in Cincinnati

I built custom cars for 20 years and have dealt with tons of dealerships. The whole voided warranty thing is kind of an over exaggerated ordeal. Most of the time they use it to try and get money out of you, but at the end of the day the burden of proof is on them to definitively prove that anything you did specifically was the cause for whatever issue you would have.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though I would throw out the bait hoping someone would bite lol. If anyone reading this or knows someone who would be interested definitely let me know, thanks. I'm located in California.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks to EBOGGS and this awesome forum I now have the painted parts I wanted when I bought my truck. And he turned out with a better looking ride too. Took 5 hours but was totally worth the effort. I hope more of you guys have luck finding people to do chrome and paint swaps with.

post-174281-0-35118100-1499723144_thumb.jpg

post-174281-0-67612600-1499723150_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to have the painted front end for my SLT GMC Sierra.... I just dont want to pay for it. I can live with the chrome, but the painted fronts look amazing! Yours turned out great!

I would start a new thread and see if someone is willing to trade you. Seems like for everyone wanting chrome there's someone wanting color matched. Worth a shot. Even if you can't find someone with the same color it's cheaper and easier to repaint already painted parts. Good Luck.

I would start a new thread and see if someone is willing to trade you. Seems like for everyone wanting chrome there's someone wanting color matched. Worth a shot. Even if you can't find someone with the same color it's cheaper and easier to repaint already painted parts. Good Luck.

How painful was the removal and installation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove all the way to dayton from tulsa ok to trade timeswelding. I will say this to anybody that is wanting to trade somebody that has a different color truck, the headlight trims have to be removed and you will need some 1/8" 3m double sided tape and an eraser wheel along with some fishing line and a lot of patience. Only because the small strip at that bottom of the headlight is painted body color on all the trucks so it has to be swapped between the two headlights, it is a separate piece but you have to remove all the trim to get it off.

It took about 5 hours in my driveway with basic tools. Since we had the same color trucks we just swapped complete headlight assemblies to avoid the tedious task of removing the trim. I did take the time to cut apart the grill assemblies tho so he could keep his Z71 inner section. All in all very worth it.

I love the blue trucks as well. Do you have any side by side shots of the two trucks when you finished?

Unfortunately not. We were both tired. He was coming off a 12 hour shift and I got up early and was heading into work for mine right after we finished. The pic he put up is in my driveway right after of his truck.

Archived