Today's youth rant...

StillOffshore

I mean, I'm 36, but damn...I am the man in charge on my boat, yet, I seem to be the one doing the most manual labor. These jackalooms have zero drive, respect, common sense...they do have this crazy entitlement thing going on. I've worked my way up scrubbing toilets, chipping, painting...the whole nine. Why does a deckhand with 3 years of experience NOT KNOW HOW TO SPLICE A LINE??????? Try to teach them, and they're on the phone halfway through the "lesson" busy texting. Then the attitude they catch when I tell them they'll learn better if they pay attention.

Sorry everyone, just venting.

gulf of mexico.

drop the temps by 50 degrees in july, see how fast they move.

:)

My uncle was a captain, steel hull.. the famous cape stories.

he died at 57.

I went lobster fishing for a short time with him, I was 15 in the 80s.

The automatic motor broke for reeling in the lines..

he leans over the side (weighed 280#), the 42 foot boat leaned too.

so he starts hand over fist reeling it in to find the reason the motor broke....

the trap was stuck on the bottom.

he pulled the entire boat to the trap line...didnot know he was doing it. Pulling the boat sideways with his bare hands.

me...

I looked up to a kc135 flying overhead.

I went off to join for gulf war 1.

society is getting smarter, workers will get just earnings.

I am 44, did way too much for nothing. If I think Iam boasting, I will only be taught again, I was abused.

I am also the last old school crew chiefs as well (dirty war grunts), U.S. air force.

I don't just start talking to anybody...

meet a compromise, let some old school go. It is just changes.

I am a disabled vet today. Even with hardly anything, I feel like a super star sometimes.

This all starts at home....mommy and daddy coddle them their whole life with the worst punishment being a 5 minute time out.

Not at my house. I have even kicked out a 6 year old niece because her mom was scared discipling her would lead to a custody battle with her ex, and that led to problems with her behaviour. In laws tought I crossed the line, but when I find a 6 year old hitting my not even 2 year olds, no Friggin way.

I haven't run across many of these people in public or work. Maybe it's Oklahoma, outside the two big cities the public won't put up with their crap.

Archived