I had a Retrax Pro on my 1500 and I plan on going with it again. Not 100% waterproof but not much water would ever get in either, the corners by the tailgate would be a little wet and maybe some moisture on the wheel wells but never any standing water.

Super easy to use, including for the wife, looks good, secure, can lock down in any position and really helps hold taller objects in place (I've pinned many items between the cover and the tailgate and it works better than tie downs and much faster).

Biggest downfall isn't the water tightness, its the 11x11" the canister takes up of the bed. But again, worth it to me for all the positives.

I saw an ad in Truck Trend magazine for Extang & their Solid Fold 2.0 'tri-fold' covers the rear stake pockets/hand holds.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the Truxedo Low Pro QT on my '17, I had one on my '11 1500 and it worked well for me.

The only problem I had installing on the '17 was that the tonneau cover rails have to sit more towards the top of the bed rail so that the little rubber bumpers on the ends of the tonneau rails can compress enough to be able to shut the tailgate. I had originally installed the tonneau rails flush with the bottom of the bed rails and couldn't close my tailgate!

--JOsh

I have installed a GM soft roll-up cover on my last 3 trucks. The cover has a lightweight aluminium frame that clamps down easily & is very light. I've had it on my 2012 Sierra for 5 yrs now. I'm just now replacing the outer roll-up material with new. It is sold separately from GM & I found one discounted for only $30 years back (I was thinking ahead). Very little water gets inside my bed, even when going 70-75mph down the highway.

I added a GM acc'y bed rug inside & a total-seal bed kit. The seal kit consists of foam blocks that expand and close-up all the gaping holes on the inside top edges & a tailgate seal kit.

Archived