Traction Control 2017 Denali

Hello all,

I am considering buying a 2017 Yukon Denali and am hopeful you can help me out with some questions:

1) Traction Control - The SUV doesn't come with AWD which my wife likes as we live in the north and get a lot of snow. The sales guy says the new traction control system is similar. Is this true or is it that this system is like other traction control systems that reduce performance (compared to AWD) and responsiveness?

2) I've noticed a lot of posts regarding the magnetic ride suspension and how people aren't happy with it. Any thoughts on that?

If any of you have any other thoughts, concerns regarding this vehicle I would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance and have a great day,

Greg.

I wouldn't call AWD and traction control similar. AWD is good with forward driving and traction control is better with handling and braking. Since speed is an oxy-moron in the snow, traction control would probably be best for you especially in a vehicle with that much weight.

I have Premium Ride suspension (PRS) and complained in the past it is has too much bounce, but I have read where others with Magnetic Ride suspension (MRS) complained about not enough bounce. Not enough bounce would probably work best in a sports car when taking turns and bumps at a high rate of speed, but the technology may need more research for a fullsize SUV application. Somewhere between PRS and MRS is probably the ticket.

• 1 month later...

I had a 2015 Denali XL till today. Now I have a 2017 Denali XL and I can tell you I agreed with the complaints of a harsh, tight ride on the 2015 mag ride. Day one but the 2017 has softer seats and a more compliant mag ride. Big improvement, I wouldnt be concerned. As far as the truck goes.....there is nothing else out there that compares, thus why I bought another one. Had alot of silly issues with the first year 2015 but it is still a great truck with great presence.

• 1 month later...

Reference the Magnetic Ride Control, I love it. Previous trucks always seemed too under-sprung but the MRC gives the truck control. Makes it ride like a 3 ton sports car which I really like. Some may like riding on a marshmallow but I don't. :)

Archived