Order options on SLE

I'm going in next week to, hopefully, start the order on a factory build 2018. I'm after a 2500 crew long bed 4x4 mainly because I'll be towing a 33' trailer that I'm building and secondly because I like the long bed look and with two children the crew cab looks like a great choice. (employee price through a friend).

I'm keen on the SLE spec'd with HD SLE preferred package plus, tow mirrors, 20" 5 spokes, leather bench seats, under seat storage and 4" tube assist steps.

I'm going to miss out on the upgraded Bose audio and a heated steering wheel which slightly sucks but it's OK.

K, so I read online about the wireless tow camera but can't find much about it and I like to be prepared going in to the dealership. I'm looking for usability info and an idea of how much it might cost and possibly whether it actually needs to be installed right away or if it can be fitted later?

I'm also planning on black paint and could do with being talked down from the ledge....

I would go with the 6in. steps over the 4in. steps.

I would go onto the GMC build and price website to get a solid idea of your options, you will be surprised when you go to the dealer to order that some options kick others out and vise versa.

If the sales person or sales manager will not sit down at the computer and go line through line through the actual GM order guide then find somewhere that will.

I built my truck online and sent the form to 3 different sales managers of 3 different dealers to give me a quote. I sold cars, bypass the salesaman and save another 1000.00. The difference between the high quote to the low quote was 9000.00. If you have a trade they just need your VIN and will give you a quote subject to a viewing and test drive of your trade. I did all my own service on the 08 Duramax I traded. The winning dealer never even asked me for my personal service records. They service every trade they keep to sell and check it over. If they ask you any questions about your service records, it is only to devalue your trade. The dealers I worked for would thank people for bringing in service records of used vehicles, and garbage them without even looking at them.

As far as wireless cameras, they were not an option when I ordered my 2016 High Country but I bought a cheap camera that plugged into my factory jack when I removed the tailgate to put my camper on. It lasted 6 months and stopped working. I bought a better wireless camera and 8 " monitor for around 300.00 on Amazon. So far it has been great and I like the fact it works all the time to help with lane changes and other traffic. The wired one only worked in reverse. Good luck, and get the heated steering wheel if you can, probably my favourite option on my loaded up High Country as well as the fantastic Bose stereo. I had an 08 LTZ Duramax. Love my new High Country more. In a Dually I gained 730 pounds of extra payload by going gas. In SRW, not as big a deal but it turned out well for me because I am such a low mileage driver so the extra fuel use is peanuts and loaded up at 13000 pounds I can still get a speeding ticket on an 8 % grade. Good Luck with your order.

I would go with the 6in. steps over the 4in. steps.

I would go onto the GMC build and price website to get a solid idea of your options, you will be surprised when you go to the dealer to order that some options kick others out and vise versa.

If the sales person or sales manager will not sit down at the computer and go line through line through the actual GM order guide then find somewhere that will.

If there are sales people like that, I'd definitely walk out. Before ordering my '17 I had played around w/ the 'public' website. Some differences on the 'internal' version, but not a lot. In some cases the option content description is more detailed.

I've ordered 7 trucks over the years & never had an issue going thru the order book (or now the computer).

Thanks for the replies. I've met the salesman I'll be dealing with and he seemed very low pressure so I'm not concerned about that side of things I just like to know all I can going in :-)

I think I need to stop overthinking it and just get it done I just didn't want to order a truck and find out I needed some special camera wire or something.

So, I went in and 2 hours later my perfect truck was priced out and it's in budget so all good. The next morning I got the text that the order window was actually closed :-( There are no CCLB gas black trucks in Western Canada. I was starting to think I should just get a 6'6" bed but I saw a Dodge HD CCLB in black at my kids daycare parking lot and it reminded me that I should hold out for what I want. I guess I'll have to wait for a 2018 and see how much more it will cost me ... Maybe the incentives will be OK

if you order right when 18's are realesed, there are likely to be no incentives right away. if i remember correctly my truck was about a 2% increase in price from 15 to a 16

You will grab at least a $1500 rebate on a new '18, they still wheel and deal, no big deal. The lack of rebates is a wash as the truck value is more on a '18 then a '17, it's all a wash unless there are deep deep discounts which there will not be on '17's.

When the half ton body change took place on the '14's there were 14k savings to be had on '13's, that was a savings!

I'm kind of kicking myself, my deal was $10,500 off MSRP in incentives give or take then another $5000+ off to get down to dead plus $500. Resale doesn't bother me much if at all.

I call BS, how can the dealer tell you the price when he has no idea what rebates will be as he will not know what they are untill time of delivery.

The rebates are locked i at the point of order, if they change by the point of delivery you are given the choice to take the original or newer rebates.

Sounds like a hell of a dealer! If you are truly getting a deal then that is awesome.

I am A-plan, I would love to lock in a great rebate at time of order, I got $3,500 rebate when I signed papers. Dealer would loose money if it was more then $1000 over that.

Archived