Smoking tail lights

Has anybody smoked their tails? I am wanting to darken them up a bit but not sure the best way to go about it. I have seen people just plastidip but would like a more even look.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

907c0f531141fcb72f18ef572e0bc136.jpg

Here's a pic of mine. The right side is factory. I have to go get it re tinted Bc I had to get the housing replaced due to an accident by valet services.

17ac452a5cad2a0bf0adbcc17cb4bb01.jpg

407522b5a93dc58c403fe31138637f82.jpg

As far as what kind of product was used I'm not 100% sure, but I believe my tint guy said he did vinyl.

I have mixed feelings on the tinted tail lights, but the ones you guys posted look good. I agree that a matte plastidip looks cheap. Tinting is probably ideal, or buying aftermarket that are already smoked.

I have mixed feelings on the tinted tail lights, but the ones you guys posted look good. I agree that a matte plastidip looks cheap. Tinting is probably ideal, or buying aftermarket that are already smoked.

What SilveradoSaver said. I get it, to each their own but for me, given these lights are what alerts the folks behind you that you are stopping, turning, and stuff I would never alter that. Does it look cool? Sure does, but a rear ender sure does not.

Nice like the look of the tinted taillights. In S. Texas area this is a good reason to get pulled over by LE. With the infestation of State Troopers they're itching to make drug/human trafficking busts.

What SilveradoSaver said. I get it, to each their own but for me, given these lights are what alerts the folks behind you that you are stopping, turning, and stuff I would never alter that. Does it look cool? Sure does, but a rear ender sure does not.

+2

I'll be waiting for the "Someone smoked my truck @ a stoplight and my insurance was cancelled due to modified/missing safety equipment" post.

I'll give up a couple of cool points to be sure the people behind me see red, BRIGHT RED, and lots of it. I actually wished my taillights were brighter.

This is 20% tint, with the running lights on only. When the actual break lights come on it's probably 10 times brighter. If you can't see that, you shouldn't have a driver's license.1decc9ed1a06c60b923f10c424a53010.jpg4a5501a2a9d13a127f2f64a703695d0f.jpga8b29ac69b63a5edef0788b61354d79e.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is always a fun discussion, but depending on where you live depends on the law of taillights, most read must be red in colour, and the light must project a distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is 20% tint, with the running lights on only. When the actual break lights come on it's probably 10 times brighter. If you can't see that, you shouldn't have a driver's license.1decc9ed1a06c60b923f10c424a53010.jpg4a5501a2a9d13a127f2f64a703695d0f.jpga8b29ac69b63a5edef0788b61354d79e.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree that is bright, but the first time someone taps you and the SC highway Patrol notices your trendy lights he may have something to say and write about. Not to mention in SC the insurance companies assign percentage blame for accidents and I am sure they would have a field day with tinted lights.

Archived