6.2 crazy hot out of the wheel whells?

So I've been around trucks and owned a few in my time lol. A lot of gasses and several diesels in witch I've owned. So tonight I was running the truck in the garage..doors open lol. And noticed the new 6.2 runs hot pouring out heat from wheel whells. All my dmax diesel never did that or my jeeps. Only cars that did that was my antique car or hopped up derby or hot rod rods that my friends own. So do the 6.2 run that hot and the air hoes out the wheel wells? And how doe I lower the temperature?

I know they run DI engines at a hotter temperature than other engines. It apparently helps with combustion,

Not sure if that is what is different for you. My 5.3 gets fairly warm in a closed in space as well.

Ambient air temps are not a good indicator of if your engine is running hot. Look at your coolant temp, is it fluctuating, going over 104f? Are the fans kicking on? If not, then it is probably the way it should be. Never noticed abnormal heat around the engine bay of my 6.2L, even towing.

This will sound pretty crazy, but I open my hood when I park in my garage to let the heat escape. I also run two floor fans to circulate the hot air out of the garage. I think it's good because my battery is still OEM and going strong at 2 and a half years old, lol!....knock on wood! I think heat is hard on everything.

This will sound pretty crazy, but I open my hood when I park in my garage to let the heat escape. I also run two floor fans to circulate the hot air out of the garage. I think it's good because my battery is still OEM and going strong at 2 and a half years old, lol!....knock on wood! I think heat is hard on everything.

Not crazy at all IMO. The road to our place is uphill for 3 miles. When the temps warm up my truck and the wife's Accord will have the fans running when you reach the house from pulling the grade. I open the hood on my truck and let it run until the trans temp comes down to 170 degrees. When I pulled the U Haul trailer full of furniture up here the trans got up to 216 degrees. It was an 80 degree day.

I have thought of putting a box fan in front of them to help cool them down.

Agree heat is the enemy of all things, from vehicles to electronics. :happysad:

I drilled a bunch of holes in my hood to let the heat escape. way too hot in that engine compartment

I just took off the hood and leave it at home. Looks cool too!

So I've been around trucks and owned a few in my time lol. A lot of gasses and several diesels in witch I've owned. So tonight I was running the truck in the garage..doors open lol. And noticed the new 6.2 runs hot pouring out heat from wheel whells. All my dmax diesel never did that or my jeeps. Only cars that did that was my antique car or hopped up derby or hot rod rods that my friends own. So do the 6.2 run that hot and the air hoes out the wheel wells? And how doe I lower the temperature?

Checked mine the other night after reading this, does not feel any warmer (not a lot of heat coming from the fender wells) than the 14 I had or my wife's Tahoe. I would have the dealership check the temp with a scan tool, factory gauges are not the most accurate ones out there. You might have a thermostat going bad, how is your coolant level?

Archived