Thoughts on Clear Bra Install

Had the local xpel dealer apply the xpel ultimate. 18" up the hood and entire painted front end +backs of mirrors. 10 year warranty. Self healing. $800 including state tax. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bought on ebay and did it my self.. huge pain in the ass.. learned alot.. have some air bubbles, but have good protection for 250.. did my Mini cooper almost perfectly afterwards

I think all women should wear clear bras...and shirts.

ALL of them? Are you sure?

On my next truck I'd do the full hood, bumper, grill and fenders. Maybe even the roof.

Rather spend a few more bucks but don't have to see the edge of the film.

so long

j-ten-ner

• 4 months later...

Have a 2018 GMC 2500hd Denali. Complete front bumper,lower chrome,headlights, chrome grill surround,24" back on hood, same on front fenders, A pillars,chrome on tow mirrors, roof from windshield to marker lights. $900 ,LLumar, 5 year warranty. I think it was worth it!image.thumb.png.75797d55a24fe2f0d87b57cdb1ded44f.pnglarge.24231934_1541729389248604_22076863

Edited by hatman74

On 7/13/2017 at 9:11 AM, gabbygenier said:

Got the front of the truck done for 900 in Ottawa Canada.

Got the whole thing done. Bumper lower and upper. Headlights. Front part of the hood. Front part of the front fenders.

It was very worth it. Got hit in a parking lot and it looked bad but there was basically nothing wrong with the paint under it. Just a small little dent that you wouldn't know was there unless I pointed it out. Cost 300 to replace that one piece since it's the whole front bumper but not having to paint anything was worth it.

317b68d9ed3afd7ca007cf58c4109c11.jpg61ed2ac42f66cd1cd065aa134c7fb53f.jpg

Exact thing happened to me.  Truck is in the shop as i write this having the film replaced.  Worth every penny to avoid the paint booth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just had a few chips fixed and put on a hood protector and then did the xpel ultimate on mine too, did the chrome bumper, headlights, fog lights, fenders and hood (behind the protector) and A-pillars.  Dealership wanted $1500cdn when I bought the truck, so I passed, well 15000kms later the stones chips were bugging me and I had to get them fixed.  I won the xpel package on a local internet auction for $290cdn  installed lol.  But now that I know how weak the paint is the next new truck will have the xpel installed before it leaves the lot no matter the cost.

IMG_1095_zpsu3gl8ds2.jpg