Life of Vehicle Fuel Economy

I would have to run at WOT most of the time to get below 14 mpg LOL

We are going to need a long video of you driving your truck to diagnose this mpg issue properly Mackdriver. Have someone ride with you (if they are willing) and record a long youtube make sure they record the speed acceleration and braking. If the Video turns out to be your passenger screaming in fear of their life we will probably not have to even look at the data Hahahahaha

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am around 44k miles on trip B since I got the truck. I'm at 23.8 or 23.9 mpg. I'll try to add a pic in the next few days. 2wd double cab 20 inch wheels.

My aCar app says I have 90 fill ups for an average of 23.088 and 42382 miles 1851.65 gallons.

I would have to run at WOT most of the time to get below 14 mpg LOL

We are going to need a long video of you driving your truck to diagnose this mpg issue properly Mackdriver. Have someone ride with you (if they are willing) and record a long youtube make sure they record the speed acceleration and braking. If the Video turns out to be your passenger screaming in fear of their life we will probably not have to even look at the data Hahahahaha

Holy crap how do you guys do it?? My 17 cc z71 with 3600 miles is averaging 13.8 lol. Mostly short drives and I am really enjoying the auto start heat in winter and cool down this summer though

The bolded underlined bit...short drives, long idle time be it remote start, traffic, stop lights, etc. The more of that you see, the less MPG you see.

Last year, both Edmunds and The Detroit News reported that fuel readouts were often around 5 percent optimistic, with some cars as much as 15-20 percent out.

Last year, both Edmunds and The Detroit News reported that fuel readouts were often around 5 percent optimistic, with some cars as much as 15-20 percent out.

Yep. My 2015 reads 10% higher than the calculated average every time. Makes the head math easy though. :lol:Peppers life time average is 26 mpg. Nearly all highway miles. I hate towns.

I am not worried about it, but it's would be nice to get as much as possible. Curious to see the differences between the engines too.

Just traded in my '14 1500 6.2L for a '17 Duramax...lifetime gas mileage was 16.2 after 36,000 on the 6.2L, curious to see how the diesel does. So far much better, but have only had one trip with the trailer

2014 5.3 here with under 14k. My average is around 13, no idea how you guys get close to 20 and claim to tow. I tow a 7x18' cargo camper deal and get 7-9mpg while towing. Not real impressed with the towing capabilities of these.

Archived