My '07 the cruise was always on. Same for the '17 - the radio mute stays on between start-ups too in the '17...........

X2 on the all 4 windows down at once.

X2 on the TPMS individual pressures.

Only small complaint is garage door openers should not work without the key in the ignition........

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My '07 the cruise was always on. Same for the '17 - the radio mute stays on between start-ups too in the '17...........

X2 on the all 4 windows down at once.

X2 on the TPMS individual pressures.

Only small complaint is garage door openers should not work without the key in the ignition........

From the '17 manual:

5 : Press to turn the system on or
off. The indicator light is white when
cruise control is on and turns off
when cruise control is off.

From the '17 manual:

5 : Press to turn the system on or
off. The indicator light is white when
cruise control is on and turns off
when cruise control is off.

Yep - I press it once after the 500 mile "break-in" and it's on until I no longer own the rig........... or maybe have to press it again after a battery replacement...... The Duramax had two batteries so that was not the case..........

:driving:

Eliminates the possibility of accidentally setting.

Seriously?? That's it? Oh the horrors of accidental CC setting!! LOL Not ripping on you bro, just more 1st world problems.

Seriously?? That's it? Oh the horrors of accidental CC setting!! LOL Not ripping on you bro, just more 1st world problems.

May seem silly to you but I believe it's a Federal mandate (idiotproofing). Have you ever seen a CC without on/off?? Ever wondered why?

It's not really subtle to me, but to any other drivers (of other vehicles, for sure) but one of my most favorite features is the manually calculated 19.8mpg I got on today's ~200 mile trip. Even though the DIC said 20.5.

I like the look of the truck too. And like that that's not subtle.

It's really hard for me to read these posts...............as to how SOFT all you's guys are. Never saw this on the Dodge/Cummins forums. Just saying..............

Such hardship to hold or to push a button for either the CC or the windows. There was once "hand crank" windows which very rarely ever failed. I can remember throttle locks; prior to CC.

I see problem posts about seat heaters, music this X and Y, OnStar (I don't like having someone knowing where I'm going) didn't subscribe to it, lane assist, back up cameras (mine has it, never use it), etc., etc.!!

Just don't get it...........

It's really hard for me to read these posts...............as to how SOFT all you's guys are. Never saw this on the Dodge/Cummins forums. Just saying..............

Such hardship to hold or to push a button for either the CC or the windows. There was once "hand crank" windows which very rarely ever failed. I can remember throttle locks; prior to CC.

I see problem posts about seat heaters, music this X and Y, OnStar (I don't like having someone knowing where I'm going) didn't subscribe to it, lane assist, back up cameras (mine has it, never use it), etc., etc.!!

Just don't get it...........

Yes, we'd also bitch if we went out to a nice restaurant and the service or food was not good enough, but would be just fine if it was not a nice restaurant.

Or if we pay a butler to wipe our butts after we go to the bathroom.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and most of us would have no problem shoveling pig shit if it needed to be done.

When you pay for luxuries, you better get them, you worked hard for your steering wheel to be warm in 30 seconds.

On icy roads once my '84 Cavalier (first new car we ever owned) - the cruise came on somehow and had those front tires spinning pretty good on a freeway on-ramp until I realized what was happening..............

:confused:

A happy unexpected feature I ran into was having the AC on and phone call came in, as soon as I answered the fans on the AC automatically went to a lower speed on their own to allow me to hear the phone call! After I hung up they went back up to speed. I thought that was super cool.

• 6 months later...

i know the original post was about subtle stock features, but this is a subtle mod that i did that i just love

i added footwell lighting (hooked to the cabin lights like lots of guys), but i wanted to have a very "low glow" at night while driving, so i added a little strip of LEDs and have them on a dimmer

these are the 'driving at night mood lighting' (ha! ha!) LEDs that i added...IMG_0512.thumb.JPG.347a972be16e36bff378ad9002e15314.JPG

this is the truck when the doors are open (so added footwell lighting is on)...

IMG_0537.thumb.JPG.835333c74da8f63c7be4dcd9bf3e32b4.JPG

and this is when the footwell lighting is off.... so 'mood lighting'...

IMG_0536.thumb.JPG.99c03852b4b8b466c6bade76a0b4b408.JPG

Archived