transmission slipping after service

I just had my transmission fluid and filter changed truck has 66k miles 2012 1500 with 5.3 auto.

Now it will slip like it low on fluid , but it's full . Any ideas of what happened . Tranny was fine before i changed fluid and filter .

Sometimes it works fine then next time when you step on gas it just slips and doesn';t go.'

I just did my Sierra 2012 1500 5.3 with 59k miles, no issues. Was trans fluid Dexron VI? Are you checking it hot? Trans temp should be 160-200 degrees. :happysad:

Hope you had it done at the dealership. I can afford to fix things I break, I learned the hard way it's better to let the dealer handle fluid changes. My toys I do, my DDs I let the dealer, any problems they cover.

Correct fluids and full took amco they said it not shifting out of second . Said computer is telling it to shift but mechanically it will not shift . I called dealer he said try to reprogram Tcm . Amco doesn't have capability so had wrecker pick it up and take to dealer . My luck warranty went out August 2016 . My guess is the tcm is in pan and must have gotten damaged when pan pulled off . Amco wanted to pull transmission and tear it down . I didn't want to go that route yet .

Probably broke or disconnected a solenoid while removing the pan. Pans on these are a very tight fit and usually require a large pry bar to move the exhaust out of the way enough to slide the pan out.

Dealer called me today and said that everything check out ok on computer and that it's not a sensor or computer problem , but that something inside transmission has come apart . He said it has some metal inside and they don't know what its from unless they tear down completely .

they said if they do that may as well rebuild $4000 or just replace with rebuilt $4500 with warranty 100,000 miles .

2011 4wd with 66k miles . I am thinking of trading it in .

I just don't understand how a truck that was working just fine and after just replacing fluid and filter this happens.

Dealer called me today and said that everything check out ok on computer and that it's not a sensor or computer problem , but that something inside transmission has come apart . He said it has some metal inside and they don't know what its from unless they tear down completely .

they said if they do that may as well rebuild $4000 or just replace with rebuilt $4500 with warranty 100,000 miles .

2011 4wd with 66k miles . I am thinking of trading it in .

I just don't understand how a truck that was working just fine and after just replacing fluid and filter this happens.

I had that happen with a older s10 I owned after doing a flush and fill on a 75k truck. In my case it stirred up some bad crap inside and within a few miles of leaving the service shop that did the flush and fill the trans went out completely.

Archived