2018 "New" 4x4 And Z71 Decals

So for 2018 GM decided to sneak a change in (was mentioned in the order guides for "new for 2018") on the 4x4 and Z71 4x4 decals. We just had 4 show up, so I snagged some pics.

evjAmhl.jpg

pwRkILs.jpg

The current ones for comparison:

kQvC4oe.jpg

Z967FTl.jpg

Current ones look better IMO. Too blocky and they loose depth with the single shade shadowing.

Thanks for sharing though. That's one of the small things that we will be able to distinguish the 16/17's from the 18's. Just like on the NBS trucks, 2003 had the red border tails and the 04+ had a black border.

Funny how times change. Back in the late 90's in my opinion it wasn't a Chevy truck unless it had the Z71 logo on it. My first GM truck, a black 99 Silverado was a lowly 4x4, and I remember going to the dealer to order the Z71 decals and removing the lowly 4x4 decals and replacing them with the Z71 decals. Of course you could still tell if you looked at the shock color. 4x4's were blue and Z71's were red, or was it the other way around? Ah, memories.

Outlined older graphic version looks just fine; looks classy in the speedo cluster. New ones fake 3D effect looks too "cartoony". Hope they didn't also transfer that to the carbon fiber speedo cluster - would look even crappier there.

Archived