GM Customer Care is so...

Otherguy

Dang the luck man. No way I would continue driving the truck it if I was that unhappy with it. The saddest part is that if you are REALLY $16,500.00 in the hole then you paid WAY TOO MUCH to start with. Take the silly thing to your nearest CarMax store and have it officially appraised before doing anything else. Then pull out your paperwork and do some math and see where you are really at. It is very easy to buy these trucks at +20% off MSRP so you might be a lot closer than they are telling you on a trade. I would advise getting a Denali Ultimate that will make up for a lot of the butthurt that you are presently feeling........just my 2 cents worth.

Its a lease and 16.5k is the remaining balance on the lease (28 months left). The dealer does not want to buy the truck from me because of the issues with the brakes and the only way to prevent them from buying the vehicle is for me to pay off the lease and loose the money. Hence, why I didn't do anything with that dealership.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd leave the tire issue alone. If it didn't bother you until someone else said something...let it go. The brakes I sorta understand. If they're operational, then let that go.

I'd maybe wash down the areas with brake fluid with soap and water, and check for leaks here and there for a few weeks, then forget about it.

Honestly, if you harrass the dealer/GM about the tires, they probably won't be too inclined to assist with any real issues you have. As everyone has stated, before you bought the truck, you could have easily negotiated a different set of tires...many on this forum have done that. Unless you drive in the woods, the less aggressive tires will yeild better mpg.

Seems like the biggest issue is that the first dealer was a dick. Don't go back there. Give someone else your business.

The only people that I have been pestering about anything is GM Customer Service. Which obviously didnt turn out the way I wanted by a long shot...

I could of negotiated for some BFG K02s, however when I leased the truck, I was under the impression that the tires that were on the truck were All Terrain tires. Wouldn't you want the correct tires if you paid for them? If GM gave me a set of Duratracs and checked the alignment I would be happy.

But in this case it's not an issue of false advertising being hidden. You can see what tires are on the truck on the lot. GM also calls the rancho shocks "off-road shocks" as Ford does with the FX4. Fox and king make them look like popsicle sticks. It's all about perspective. If they had stated a particular tire mode and you had received something else, then you would have reason to be upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not false, but misleading... Like I said, this was my first American made vehicle as well as my first truck purchase. Honestly, I saw Goodyear Wrangler tires and didnt think twice about it until someone said something. Totally my fault for not doing my homework.

However, still doesn't make it right to mislabel something

Trust me, I agree with you. This is my first truck purchase so when I was told I had "AT" tires, i rolled with it until I had my service appointment. I'm in the military and i totally understand that we all have to pick and choose are battles... This is one I am choosing to fight because frankly, I dont like being taken advantage of...

Anyways, there is nothing that GM or the Dealership want to do with the brakes because its technically "repaired"... I just hate the fact now that I open my hood everyday and check the brake fluid to make sure its still at the same level as the day before...

Sort of ironic that you don't like being taken advantage of, yet you're leasing the truck. Vehicle leasing is nothing but taking advantage of the leaser

Sort of ironic that you don't like being taken advantage of, yet you're leasing the truck. Vehicle leasing is nothing but taking advantage of the leaser

Well for me and my work situation, leasing is more beneficial for me

looks like the "forum' has discussed this tire issue at least once..........................................................................................

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/158332-oem-tire-goodyear-wrangler-sra/

I dont care what "GM" thinks they are... These tires are not AT tires

post-174980-0-25757700-1499980596_thumb.jpg
post-174980-0-94717500-1499980490_thumb.jpg
post-174980-0-97593100-1499979578_thumb.jpg
Need I say more?

GM is screwing owners on tires plain and simple.... I mean look at the "all terrain x".... the rim size between the AT vs the AT-X is different (20in vs 18in), theoretically the tires should be the same brand make and model, but just different tire size. Nope they get the Goodyear Duratrac which is a true AT tire... WEIRD

Here is the problem. By doing what you are doing on the Tires issue you are blatantly breaking the "GOLDEN RULE"

Golden Rule: The ones that have the Gold make the rules

Here is the problem. By doing what you are doing on the Tires issue you are blatantly breaking the "GOLDEN RULE"

Golden Rule: The ones that have the Gold make the rules

So its ok for major corporations to do this to their customers? And what I am doing is considered a "problem" because i am fighting against the company for wrong doing? Weird

By the looks of it, they've been passing off AS tires as AT for quite some time on certain models. That original thread started 3.5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed

I mean look at VW and the emissions scandal... Auto manufactures are just out for money and could careless about the consumer.

Agreed

I mean look at VW and the emissions scandal... Auto manufactures are just out for money and could careless about the consumer.

Bingo! Well all companies are about money or they wouldn't exist. As far as your tire issue, I agree it's not right but how many other things can you think of that are not right? You're in the military start there.

We all have to realize this: We spend our money on the products we buy from vehicles to houses and the seller makes the rules. Think about that, we spend, they make the rules on every purchase. So IMO a lot of the warranties are only worth what the selling company decides it will warranty. Then we take the chance that the person doing the warranty work does a good job.

It comes down to how important the issue is which determines how much effort it's worth. This is a personal decision.

In you're situation if it was me I would forget the tire issue, check the brakes as mentioned for leaks to make sure the truck is safe. The frame rust is a known issue and posses no safety issue.

I would spend my time enjoying life and my not perfect truck and have a beer. :happysad:

And if you're healthy count your blessings. :chill:

Archived