2017 high country 2500 add on tow mirrors no power fold or memory.

Hi Guys,

New to this thread and need some help. I have a 2017 2500hd high country. It came stock from factory with standard chrome mirrors. I haul so I wanted to upgrade to the chrome tow mirrors. Sales rep told me no problem they are full feature tow mirrors and we will get them back on before you pick up the truck. So I picked up the truck, no power fold or mirror memory. I ask the dealer what's going on and they told me the add on kit doesn't come with those options to my dismay. I was never told this during the sales pitch and am upset. I have this $80 000 truck that I have to manually fold the mirrors. It was bad dealership tactic to sell me and not have the knowledge. My qs is!! I know you can individually add on the chrome tow mirrors that power fold with the harnesses that have mirror memory but does anyone know the part # for these individual items and is there new software and updating that needs to be done after install. I'm in a battle with the dealership right now so any help would be great. I love my truck just want what I thought I was purchasing and what I was sold on. Thanks fellas.

Edited by Hicntry
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

New to this thread and need some help. I have a 2017 2500hd high country. It came stock from factory with standard chrome mirrors. I haul so I wanted to upgrade to the chrome tow mirrors. Sales rep told me no problem they are full feature tow mirrors and we will get them back on before you pick up the truck. So I picked up the truck, no power fold or mirror memory. I ask the dealer what's going on and they told me the add on kit doesn't come with those options to my dismay. I was never told this during the sales pitch and am upset. I have this $80 000 truck that I have to manually fold the mirrors. It was bad dealership tactic to sell me and not have the knowledge. My qs is!! I know you can individually add on the chrome tow mirrors that power fold with the harnesses that have mirror memory but does anyone know the part # for these individual items and is there new software and updating that needs to be done after install. I'm in a battle with the dealership right now so any help would be great. I love my truck just want what I thought I was purchasing and what I was sold on. Thanks fellas.

Here you go.

Towing Mirror Upgrade - DL3/A45

Harnesses:

Driver Side Part # 23342727

Passenger Side Part # 23342716

DQS Power Fold - Chrome Towing Mirror

Part # 84041609 - Driver

Part # 23351796 - Passenger (Gas)

Part # 23351798 - Passenger (Diesel - K40)

Since you already had the chrome DL3 Mirrors, you should have the power fold switch already (its part of the mirror adjust button).

Shouldn't need any programming... Of the ~200 or so members I've helped with this upgrade has not needed a BCM/Memory Module Calibration.

Good Luck and sorry to hear your issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 2

BTW - This is a GM Supported upgraded and have seen many times a dealer steer a customer in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info I really apreciate it. Yes the dealer I had been very difficult in supporting this upgrade and I'm not happy with the service to date. I will send this info over to then and see we're we go from there. It's a diesel truck so I imagine I'll need that diesel tow mirror you quoted. Thank again. I'll let you know what happens.

• Like 1

Pgamboa,

Thanks for the info. Trucks in today for these mirrors hopefully it works. Quick qs. Should the key fob close them with a double click and hold of the lock button ? Also with the non power fold mirrors the put in would that have messed up any software that was factory original on this truck making it unable to function with these new power folds? Or your saying it's all plug and play harness ??

Thanks for your time.

That's weird, the mirrors you want are part of the Duramax plus package which I think is required to get the diesel engine on the high Country model.

Dealers have been suggesting the "Camper Mirror Kit". When you hear/see "Kit", you have to be cautious because if you get the "kit" that contains both the driver and passenger mirror in one box, you are getting DPN Mirrors.

You want DQS for Power Fold and Memory. These are sold individually.

Pgamboa,

Thanks for the info. Trucks in today for these mirrors hopefully it works. Quick qs. Should the key fob close them with a double click and hold of the lock button ? Also with the non power fold mirrors the put in would that have messed up any software that was factory original on this truck making it unable to function with these new power folds? Or your saying it's all plug and play harness ??

Thanks for your time.

With the power fold mirrors, just press and hold the lock button and the mirrors will fold in. To fold out, press and hold the unlock button on the FOB.

Got the truck in today and power fold tow mirrors with memory are operational. Sweet. Only thing is the key fob doesn't respond to closing at opening them. With this aftermarket oem upgrade that was down do you loose the fob functionality with the tow mirrors. Do they need to be reprogrammed??? Pgamboa your knowledge is huge wondering if you got any info on this for me.

Thanks fellas.

Got the truck in today and power fold tow mirrors with memory are operational. Sweet. Only thing is the key fob doesn't respond to closing at opening them. With this aftermarket oem upgrade that was down do you loose the fob functionality with the tow mirrors. Do they need to be reprogrammed??? Pgamboa your knowledge is huge wondering if you got any info on this for me.

Thanks fellas.

Thanks fellas.

Thanks fellas.

Make sure the option is selected through your radio in the vehicle settings. The same place to have your seats turn on with remote start or lower your windows with your remote (if it's still the same as the 2016's).

• 4 weeks later...

Yes - make sure the option is selected in the radio or DIC. Also, double check that you pressing and holding the lock/unlock to fold/unfold them.

Edited by pgamboa

• 7 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread...but I'm currently looking at a 2018 LT that has the standard color matched mirrors.  No turn signal in them.  Anyways this truck is the only one around optioned how I want...minus the mirrors.  I have some eBay special ones on my 2016 1500 right now...I would rather not have to use those.  I don't need the power fold, though I wouldn't mind it.  I would be fine with the manual fold....I just want the marker lights, turn signals and reverse LED.

• Like 1