Gorehamj

Chevy Colorado Earns Spot on U.S. News' Best Cars For Money

post-139450-0-45451900-1500050802_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
7-14-2017

The Chevy Colorado has earned a spot on the U.S. News & World Report Autos' "Best Cars For the Money" list for 2017. The Colorado won the Compact Truck segment. The Ford F-150 took the Large Truck class, but Chevy did also earn an award for best Large Car with the Impala. Notably, the Colorado has never lost this contest in its modern design.

Commenting on the Colorado, Editor of USN Autos, author of the story, and long time friend of GM-Trucks.com staff, Jamie Page Deaton, wrote, "The Chevrolet Colorado returned to the market in 2015, and since then, it’s been named the Best Compact Truck for the Money three times. The Colorado’s ownership costs are good for the class, but its strong towing ability, good fuel economy, and comfortable cabin are even better." We reached out to Page-Deaton and asked if she might give us a little more on the Colorado. She told GM-Trucks.com why she personally thought the Colorado is worthy of the three-time win. She told us, "The Colorado stands out with its handsome cabin, and class-leading towing abilities. The optional diesel engine gets very good fuel economy, which helps keep ongoing costs lower for owners."

There were 22 sections in the comprehensive Best Cars award story. GM seems a little underserved with just two wins, but it is hard to argue the other vehicles didn't earn their spots. See the full story for more.

• Like 1

Congrats to the Colorado. From someone who lives in Colorado.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By fondupot
      Here is a video showing how to install a Pop N Lock on a 2015-2017 Colorado or Canyon.

• By REDDAWN
      Two months with my new smaller truck and loving it! My Sierra was an amazing truck but I didn’t need a 6.2L. I own a small ranch but I never need to pull anything over 5 thousand pounds. Mostly I am crossing the fields carrying equipment, crossing a creek or checking fence lines. This smaller package makes sense for me. More maneuverable and better fuel economy. The added lift gets me over creeks and streams. Clears stumps and other debris. 
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      8-22-2017
      The 2018 model year is not a redesign year for the Chevy Colorado. It is really only entering its third year. Changes are mainly updates and trim and color changes. Here is a succinct, easy to read list of what changes and the order codes. GM has not done a press release on the 2018 Colorado yet. If there are other changes to highlight when GM does so we will update this list.

New Features:
      (CTT) Trailering assist with guidelines (included with [5G8] Tow/Haul Mode)
      (DG6) Outside heated power-adjustable, body-color mirrors (standard on Z71 and ZR2 models)
      (HH3) Black leather-appointed seating available on Z71 models

Color Changes: - Additions
      (G9K) Satin Steel Metallic
      (GD1) Kinetic Blue Metallic

Color Changes - Deletions
      (G7Z) Laser Blue Metallic
      (GBV) Cyber Gray Metallic
      (GWX) Brownstone Metallic

Changes to Note:
      (GWM) Deepwood Green Metallic is now available on LT and Z71 trim levels
      (IOB) Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7" diagonal color touch-screen is now standard on 2SA, 2WT and 4WT models
      (PCP) Custom Special Edition no longer includes (IOB) Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7" diagonal color touch-screen
      (PDB) Shoreline Special Edition-LT Cloth Package is now available on Crew Cab models
      (PDC) Shoreline Special Edition-Luxury Package is now available on Crew Cab models

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      8-22-2017
      Please pardon the snarky headline, but this one stings. Barely into the first month of production, the 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 has already been recalled. For, of all things, a missing page in the owner's manual. The above is part of the letter mailed to new owner Michael H., a Facebook Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 club* member.

The recall is wider than just the ZR2, but Micheal's was included, so we know that some ZR2s are on that list. If you own a Colorado you can check to see if your specific truck is included by clicking this direct link to GM's recall lookup. Luckily, this is a non-issue for most owners. Why GM didn't just mail out a new owner's manual instead of a recall letter will forever be a mystery. We suspect it is a government regulation of some sort.

* For those who don't know, the GM-Trucks.com staff are the admin of that FB club.