Next Generation T1XX Silverado/Sierra

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen news stories about nothing before, but this has to take the cake:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/07/spied-2019-chevrolet-silveradogmc-sierra-1500.html

Now that's funny stuff. Alloy body? After all the ally bashing GM has done? Fly by wire brakes....yea....don't think so. They might make it. I wont buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Very early 2018. We don't know where the official introduction will be but plan on it being in November-December of 2017 like with production starting 1st Q 2018 as a 2019 MY like each time before.

Ha! Considering we have yet to even see the truck, there is no way production is starting in 3 mos. I wouls bet on a debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January with production starting May-ish for a mid summer release.

The spy shots lately are of production ready trucks. They'll hit the road by spring '18. Texas State Fair starts on September 29. I'll be shocked if they aren't debuted there like the last 3 redesigns have been.

The spy shots lately are of production ready trucks. They'll hit the road by spring '18. Texas State Fair starts on September 29. I'll be shocked if they aren't debuted there like the last 3 redesigns have been.

Huh? The 2014 was shown in December in Michigan and the 2007 in August which being in Texas you should know is not when the State Fair is...

Tyler

Huh? The 2014 was shown in December in Michigan and the 2007 in August which being in Texas you should know is not when the State Fair is...

Tyler

Sorry let me clarify. The two most recent GM truck debuts, the 2016 refresh and the 2015 HD debut, have both been at the Texas State Fair. You're correct that the 2014 redesign was in Detroit just before the auto show.

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2017 at 9:07 AM, SScarguy said:

The brakes by wire sounds like not so good an idea.

They use brake by wire on Formula One Race cars since 2014. I think they are used on some high end luxury cars as well.  I think they are the future.