Formatting USB for intellilink

This bears repeating:

When using a USB stick for MP3s with Intellilink Infotainment, you must have a .jpg file on the stick for the voice command to search properly.

I had a SDRAM card in my 2014 and 2015s, did not see one in the 2017 I purchased. (Z71 SLE with Convenience pack) So I transferred all my MP3s onto a 32GB Micro USB and put that in a tiny USB adapter, plugged in glove box.

Voice commands did not work, searched a bit and failed, remembered this.

Normal quick format is OK, but the intellilink indexing needs a jpg file in with the MP3s to work with voice. (the onscreen works fine without, but that defeats the purpose)

Did not know you could do voice search with USB, good to know. But then again, I stream all my music, so voice works no problem that way.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I am pretty old (mid 50s) so I had 100s of CDs from "back in the day" . Ripped a lot of them to high quality MP3s with FreeRip and keep them on flash RAM for use in the truck.

Use XM for my "streaming" and tell them I'll cancel every year and go to Pandora or Spotify to get $8/mo rate. Can't pick the music played but I can pick genres by station and it doesn't use data or lose reception anywhere.

If you have a .jpg on the flash RAM you can just say, "Play "Low"" and the 90s live again. :smoker:

Archived