Are all K2's slow ( mentally)

I really like my 2015 Silverado however something I've noticed about it drives me crazy.

When locking and unlocking I push the button on the key fob but there's a delay.

Example- I got the button on the key fob and it should lock/ unlock, nothing happens so I think I need to push it again however right before my thumb hits the button again I hear the truck respond with a click and all is good.

I've noticed so many things respond slowly to input on this truck. Fan speed, lock/ unlock, etc.

The way I would describe it is this..I push a button, the signal travels slowly, arrives at a committee in the trucks computer, eventually in the meeting my request is voted on, after a long deliberation it's approved and a signal is sent to approve said request.

My 2011 responded to input of all kind much quicker. Even the slow throttle input was faster at responding. Anyone else notice this or is my truck a little "special" ?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I really like my 2015 Silverado however something I've noticed about it drives me crazy.

When locking and unlocking I push the button on the key fob but there's a delay.

Example- I got the button on the key fob and it should lock/ unlock, nothing happens so I think I need to push it again however right before my thumb hits the button again I hear the truck respond with a click and all is good.

I've noticed so many things respond slowly to input on this truck. Fan speed, lock/ unlock, etc.

The way I would describe it is this..I push a button, the signal travels slowly, arrives at a committee in the trucks computer, eventually in the meeting my request is voted on, after a long deliberation it's approved and a signal is sent to approve said request.

My 2011 responded to input of all kind much quicker. Even the slow throttle input was faster at responding. Anyone else notice this or is my truck a little "special" ?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

My truck a/c takes a sec to turn on. It shows up on the screen it's on but doesn't do anything for a couple seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2016 SIlverado is kinda slow, my 2016 Malibu seems even slower BUT, that car has push buttons on the handle so I often just use the passive entry with that car, really wish my truck had that feature...

I got in the habit when I owned my 14 GMC to use remote start or my fob or on my phone app. As far as being ready to go never a problem, hot or cold. When it came to entertainment, I either used my phone and pandora or I heart radio and my old iPod. My experience with that truck was great, only had it for 28K miles and 18 months. Probably still have it if weren't for the wife having multiple surgeries and hard for her getting into.

Most of the time, any delay is not noticeable with my 2014 SLT. But, once in a while, the delay for things like the backup camera coming on or other electronically controlled command, just bog down. I think it's a CPU, RAM issue. They didn't put an I7 processor in these things. More like a 386 and 2 meg of RAM.

I think there's recall for air bags or something dealing with the BCM. They should flash a new firmware load with the recall. That may help....or not.

Interesting observations. I also noticed that some of the electronic responses are not instant but I suspect this is intentional. Certainly there is nothing that concerns me!

I notice this to. I miss the instantaneous-nous of old all analog controls. I doubt it's an issue though because turning the radio on, cruise control, putting in gear, etc are all instant.

I noticed this as well and did a little experimentation. When you set all doors to unlock rather than just the drivers side it becomes instantaneous.... You know like it should be. Anyway give that a try.

My 2015 Silverado 1500 doesn't have the issue you described. It unlocks the driver door immediately (as well as locking). Then I hit it again if I want to unlock the other doors and again, it's instant. Only delay I have had is with the OnStar app, but I wouldn't expect that to be instant anyways. May be worth having the dealership check out, if the truck is still under warranty.

Archived