Are all K2's slow ( mentally)

My truck a/c takes a sec to turn on. It shows up on the screen it's on but doesn't do anything for a couple seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the delay in the A/C has to do with better wearing. If your engine turned on and went straight to 5000 RPM, it would be really hard on that motor. The A/C compressor does the same thing your engine does, spools up slowly and same thing when you turn it off, in an effort to increase the llife of the compressor, making it wear better.

edit: changed "do" to "does"

the delay in the A/C has to do with better wearing. If your engine turned on and went straight to 5000 RPM, it would be really hard on that motor. The A/C compressor does the same thing your engine does, spools up slowly and same thing when you turn it off, in an effort to increase the llife of the compressor, making it wear better.

edit: changed "do" to "does"

But if I turn it to full blast it doesn't work it's way up from low to high

it's

turn on

Screen shows full fan

Full blast.

It's no big deal to me.

it's

turn on

Screen shows full fan

Full blast.

It's no big deal to me.

The way the fan and the compressor operate are independent. The fan only comes on after the compressor starts to spin up, otherwise, on a 100 degree day, it would blast out hot air. The compressor still takes a second to cool the air, but that 3 seconds of the fan speeding up save you from hot exhaust air.

The way the fan and the compressor operate are independent. The fan only comes on after the compressor starts to spin up, otherwise, on a 100 degree day, it would blast out hot air. The compressor still takes a second to cool the air, but that 3 seconds of the fan speeding up save you from hot exhaust air.

Good point

it's

turn on

Screen shows full fan

Full blast.

It's no big deal to me.

A classy lady doesn't give it up right away

Mine is all pretty instantaneous, I haven't noticed any lag unlocking the truck, or operating anything inside the vehicle. Now the infotainment system is a bit slow, but they all seem to be.

I should have made a poll lol. But if I had to guess it looks like about 75% of the K2 owners (so far) say their trucks button/ switch etc. commands aren't slow. Wonder what could cause this besides slow computing.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I should have made a poll lol. But if I had to guess it looks like about 75% of the K2 owners (so far) say their trucks button/ switch etc. commands aren't slow. Wonder what could cause this besides slow computing.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Maybe the truck isn't slow, maybe your too fast...

Archived