Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I am happy to be here. 'Read many other threads on this forum and I know I'm in good company with ya'll.

I searched, and scoured the web (and this forum), and could not find a thread or post that throughly covered the topic of Original Equiptment lighting.

Maybe there is a Chilton's or a Haynes Book that covers this?

This question popped into my thoughts as I began shopping for an overhead light bar.

Of course, lumen, beam flood angle, and beam throw distance were the first specs I poured over, but then I thought about Kº (light temperature in Kelvin degree). It might be cool if this new light added to the truck would match the existing. (I'm pretty happy with the factory lighting choices on my SLE).

So I pulled the headlight bulb to find a PHILLIPS hHIR2 LL 55W 9012 LL, Made in Germany. (See photos).

When I compare the various replacement bulbs offered by Autozone, the replacements can range from 3000, 3200, 4100, to 4200º Kelvin.

This thread might be helpful to others working on interior lighting, or other lighting as well.

Anyone out there have professional photography equipment that can meter, or sense color temperature? Are different trucks different temps?

Thanks for any info involving measurements, photos, specs, or thoughts that might be helpful to me or to US as a community of owners and technicians. Hopefully this thread could help others too. Thank you.

post-175089-0-36228500-1500236689_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

When I installed some LED pods behind my grill, and fog lights, I just bought all the same brand and all of it matches perfectly (Rigid Industries). They did not match my headlights, but that was fine as I was planning on getting new headlights too. I opted for some Enthuze brand LED bulbs and everything matches up now. It was kind of a coincidence as I didn't do a lot of research on the light output.

If you do a quick Google search for "headlight kelvin chart" you'll see some good charts that show the colour difference to help you out.

You're welcome.

Please see my "build" thread in my signature for all the lighting I have on my truck; it includes some close-up pictures as well. The headlight bulbs you may not find in the USA as I got them at a local truck outfitter up here in Canada. The Rigid lights should be no issue though :)

• 4 weeks later...

... but then I thought about Kº (light temperature in Kelvin degree). It might be cool if this new light added to the truck would match the existing. (I'm pretty happy with the factory lighting choices on my SLE).

So I pulled the headlight bulb to find a PHILLIPS hHIR2 LL 55W 9012 LL, Made in Germany. (See photos).

When I compare the various replacement bulbs offered by Autozone, the replacements can range from 3000, 3200, 4100, to 4200º Kelvin.

This thread might be helpful to others working on interior lighting, or other lighting as well.

Anyone out there have professional photography equipment that can meter, or sense color temperature? Are different trucks different temps?

3450K according to this post on the candlepower forum. http://store.candlepower.com/ph3rdge90h.html

Archived