All Terrain Package Cooled Seats. WHY NOT GM??????

Ok I have online built and talked to numerous dealerships and there does not seem to be a way to get a 3/4 ton GMC SLT trim ALL TERRAIN package with Cooled seating. WHY THE HELL NOT. I mean it says jet black "perforated" with red piping. This is the only thing that is keeping me from pulling the trigger on one. I work in the hot sun and drive long hours. That would be one hell of a option for me. Yeah i could go with a standard SLT package but I really like the ALL TERRAIN painted bumpers, grill and overall look. Anybody know if there is a work around on this issue??????????????

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I have online built and talked to numerous dealerships and there does not seem to be a way to get a 3/4 ton GMC SLT trim ALL TERRAIN package with Cooled seating. WHY THE HELL NOT. I mean it says jet black "perforated" with red piping. This is the only thing that is keeping me from pulling the trigger on one. I work in the hot sun and drive long hours. That would be one hell of a option for me. Yeah i could go with a standard SLT package but I really like the ALL TERRAIN painted bumpers, grill and overall look. Anybody know if there is a work around on this issue??????????????

The perforated refers to the leather seat texture, not the plumbing for ventilation.

Cant remember which package included the vented seats, but my LTZ has it... could be the LTZ Plus Package... might be a stand-alone option

The only way around it is to get a Denali which includes color coded bumpers and Ventilated seats. (they are not cooled)

SLT/LTZ/High Country/Denali are all available with ventilated seats.

I have questioned since 2014 when the All-terrain package came out why it could not be had with vented seats.

The All-terrain package package is not considered a high end truck package. Cooled or vented seats are options reserved for high end trucks.

The ALL TERRAIN package is available on the SLE and SLT. SLT is considered higher end but the ALL TERRAIN is just an appearance package. So why not make the Ventilated seats part of the option? Just doesn't make sense to me.

SLT/LTZ/High Country/Denali are all available with ventilated seats.

I have questioned since 2014 when the All-terrain package came out why it could not be had with vented seats.

You and me both. Never could figure that out.

The All-terrain package package is not considered a high end truck package. Cooled or vented seats are options reserved for high end trucks.

So a SLT is available with ventilated seats yet a SLT All-terrain is not, trying to make logic here...

The ALL TERRAIN package is available on the SLE and SLT. SLT is considered higher end but the ALL TERRAIN is just an appearance package. So why not make the Ventilated seats part of the option? Just doesn't make sense to me.

All Terrain and All Terrain X are SLT only on the GMC HD trucks. Looking at the color charts, vented seats are only available SLT with Jet Black, SLT with Dark Ash/Jet Black, and SLT with Cocoa/Dune interiors.

Why not just get an SLT with the vented seats and color match the bumpers, or go for a Denali?

All Terrain and All Terrain X are SLT only on the GMC HD trucks. Looking at the color charts, vented seats are only available SLT with Jet Black, SLT with Dark Ash/Jet Black, and SLT with Cocoa/Dune interiors.

Why not just get an SLT with the vented seats and color match the bumpers, or go for a Denali?

Because the All-terrain has all brushed aluminum interior trim?

The grill is color matched as well...

Because the All-terrain has all brushed aluminum interior trim?

The grill is color matched as well...

GM sells color matched grilles and you can buy either the GMC trim pieces or the Chevy Z71 style in a kit....

GM sells color matched grilles and you can buy either the GMC trim pieces or the Chevy Z71 style in a kit....

What makes you think you can buy a GM color matched grill? Show me a part number, I strongly call BS!

You don't seem to be winning in this thread...

From order guide:

All Terrain HD Package, for Crew Cab models only, includes (CGN) spray-on bed liner, (QGM) LT265/70R18E all-terrain, blackwall tires, (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package, (NZZ) underbody shield, all terrain grille insert with body color grille surround with chrome accents, (UVD) heated steering wheel, (VB5) front body-color bumper, (VT5) rear body-color bumper with Cornerstep, (DP6) Black painted mirror caps, (D75) body color door handles, (B86) body color side moldings, Black belt moldings, Black skid plate, sill plates, (RIA) floor liners, LPO and (RVS) 4" black round assist steps, LPO.

1 - Requires 4WD models. Requires one of the following exterior colors: (GAZ) Summit White, (GBA) Onyx Black or (GPA) Dark Slate Metallic. Includes (AN3) front leather-appointed bucket seats and (UQA) Bose premium audio system. (PYR) 18" chromed aluminum wheels are upgradeable to (RTH) 20" polished aluminum wheels with Dark Argent Metallic pockets. All-terrain tires are required with (GAT). (DL3) outside power-adjustable mirrors upgradeable to (DQS) outside memory equipped heated power-adjustable vertical trailering mirrors. Not available with SEO options, (ZW9) pickup box delete, (TRW) Provision for cab roof-mounted lamp/beacon, (9J4) rear bumper delete or (Y65) Driver Alert Package.

GAT requires black white or dark slate. (this is from the 2018 guide, there were other colors in the 2017 guide)

From accessories at GM.com

Not sure if these are they type of grill the OP is interested in, but for HD, accessory grills (2 versions) are available in black, white and quicksilver.

Archived