Module 15857953

rngr746

Question

My vehicle is an 07 GMC Sierra Classic with the 4.3L engine. Before needing to replace the module my volt meter would move to just under 14 volts after driving about 10 miles or so. After replacement the meter stays at about 14.2 or 14.3 no matter how long I drive. I understand the way module is supposed to function for lessening the stress on the electrical system. The battery is 6 months old. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Yeah, I'm not sure what he's asking either .. but it sounds like it's working just fine from here.

I'd much rather have the alternator charge the way they have since they were first installed in the automobile 50 or so years ago, than this duty-cycle crap that just wears down your battery sooner than it should, all in the name of "fuel mileage" ...

This module is on the neg. battery cable. It has an inductive loop on the engine side of the module. It is part of the regulated charging system. It was "fried" and replaced due to another electrical problem. I'm trying to find out why it is effecting the charging system differently then the original and if it is a problem.

Archived