I want 20mpg from my 02 1500hd with the 6.0 and 3.73 gears

I want 20mpg from my truck with 265/75/r16 tires all stock

I was thinking tune intake and exhaust

Its not crucial that i have it i just want it cuz it kinda sucks having to spend so much on gas

Im olanning on doing mods anyways but if im gojng to tune id want to tune for mpg

Is 20mpg possible whats the best tune and ehat else can i do for it?

Sorry if in wrong forum

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Trade it in on a 1500 or a Colorado. You can tune, tires, etc. not going to help. Exhaust and intake don't help period, a tune will maybe get you 1-2 mpg tops.

I am being 100% serious. Best average on one tank I ever got out of any HD was 15mpg all stock on my 2015 and that was really trying (driving 55 everywhere, light acceleration, etc.). Otherwise it was 12-14mpg.

Welcome to the forum!

Edited by 15HDriver

I want a lot of things too. I haven't always had full size Chevy trucks for gas mileage. Now I can fully understand to try to get what you can out of what you have, but I've never thought about gas mileage. I guess anything I ever own and drive won't be for gas mileage. I'm too much of a V8 guy to get a fuel efficient car. I don't care if I have a job that takes 30 minutes or more to get too.

You'll never even get close to 20 mpg with a 6.0, regardless of any mods you make. They're great engines, but they're thirsty. As stated, all of the mods you mentioned will probably only get you 1-2 extra mpg's. You'd be better off trading the truck on something smaller, or buying a work car for a couple grand and keeping your truck for when you need it. And, think of it this way...you can buy a lot of gas for the money you'd spend on an intake, exhaust, tune, etc.

Agreed the 3/4 ton 6.0 is not going to produce good gas mileage. Get up off that wallet and stop over at your local dealer and pickup 1500 17 6.2 8spd and stop wasting your time fooling with that old truck.......

post-127028-0-93167400-1494331262_thumb.jpg

Still believe in Santa Claus?

20 mpg ain't gonna happen with your parameters........ unless....

Only drive downhill

Load on a trailer, let it idle. Have someone else tow you to your destinations.

:)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...