Can I Listen To Your Custom Audio?

Before investing tons of $$ would love to hear what the kicker system, or any other, sounds like...Wondering if anyone in the Bay Area, CA happens to have a setup and would let me hear it? :)

Thanks!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have one in the next few months. So if you can wait until then. And I'm know what I'm getting is a million times better than the kicker or alpine system.and I can get it's cheaper to

I will have one in the next few months. So if you can wait until then. And I'm know what I'm getting is a million times better than the kicker or alpine system.and I can get it's cheaper to

Awesome, custom setup?

Where in CA are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not in your area, but I have the Kicker system in my truck (had it for a few months now) and absolutely love it. Is it a top-of-the-line system? No. But it's enough of an upgrade from the factory setup that I am impressed. A bit pricey but no regrets.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/200226-kicker-sub-question/?hl=kickerHere's a thread you may find useful too.

$700 can get you a pretty decent sub and amp that would easily out perform the Kicker system if that's what you're looking for. Especially if you can build your own box and do your own wiring. Hit up one of the hundreds of stereo shops around Walnut Creek/Pleasanton and check things out.

I run a Fli Audio 10 ($100) in a sealed box ($50 from amazon custom fit for Chev CC) that fits under the passenger side of my rear seat with a Planet Audio AC1000.2 ($65) mounted behind the seat. Other side I use for storage. I already had all the wiring from other installs I've done in previous vehicles. O with a LOC ($12 I think it was) for signal. Depending on the music I listen to and how much I adjust the remote sub knob I can shake the truck pretty good.

Eventually I'll upgrade to a shallow mount 12 in a little bit larger box so I can annoy more people. :D

I am in Livermore you are more than welcome to listen to my set up. I have a Non bose LT and I upgraded both front and rear doors with Kicker KS series and installed I have the vss soundstage amp/sub with the digital processor.

I am in Livermore you are more than welcome to listen to my set up. I have a Non bose LT and I upgraded both front and rear doors with Kicker KS series and installed I have the vss soundstage amp/sub with the digital processor.

Dude thanks! That is what is was looking at too for door upgrades if I go this route.

How do you like it?

Ill shoot you a PM. Thanks again.

Before investing tons of $$ would love to hear what the kicker system, or any other, sounds like...Wondering if anyone in the Bay Area, CA happens to have a setup and would let me hear it? :)

Thanks!

(I'll be doing Nasty's system as soon as I get done with mine which hopefully will be soon and you are welcome to listen if you care to come down to Monterey. (both of us will be using Hybrid Audio Technologies speakers)

(I'll be doing Nasty's system as soon as I get done with mine which hopefully will be soon and you are welcome to listen if you care to come down to Monterey. (both of us will be using Hybrid Audio Technologies speakers)

Monterey! There is a fun drive lol Thank you much.

Are you going complete custom? Sub/amps/speakers etc?

He's just going to do a simple 2 way front stage for me now with possibility to add a sub. I'm pretty much over huge systems bow and not sure if I even want a sub

Monterey! There is a fun drive lol Thank you much.

Are you going complete custom? Sub/amps/speakers etc?

Absolutely! My side business turned second full time job is in mobile audio and you can see some of what I do on Instagram @mrmarvsplace. My system will use the factory headunit to a Helix or Match processor, fully active Hybrid Audio Technologies speakers, JL Audio 10TW3 sub with a custom built/tuned passive radiator to enhance the bottom end, a custom enclosure/amp rack built by me from high grade Baltic Birch plywood (custom enclosure building is what I mainly do online and I am also a Hybrid Audio kit dealer) and Hybrid Audio or ARC Audio amps depending on how I end up configuring the system which keeps evolving as I go along!

For Nasty we are going to keep it simple with the new Hybrid Audio 2 way kit designed specifically for GM trucks that consists of 6x9's for the door and the soon to be released wide band 2" midrange for the top of the dash (no need for a dedicated tweeter) powered by an ARC Audio xdi 4 channel amp with room for expanding to a sub later..

Absolutely! My side business turned second full time job is in mobile audio and you can see some of what I do on Instagram @mrmarvsplace. My system will use the factory headunit to a Helix or Match processor, fully active Hybrid Audio Technologies speakers, JL Audio 10TW3 sub with a custom built/tuned passive radiator to enhance the bottom end, a custom enclosure/amp rack built by me from high grade Baltic Birch plywood (custom enclosure building is what I mainly do online and I am also a Hybrid Audio kit dealer) and Hybrid Audio or ARC Audio amps depending on how I end up configuring the system which keeps evolving as I go along!

For Nasty we are going to keep it simple with the new Hybrid Audio 2 way kit designed specifically for GM trucks that consists of 6x9's for the door and the soon to be released wide band 2" midrange for the top of the dash (no need for a dedicated tweeter) powered by an ARC Audio xdi 4 channel amp with room for expanding to a sub later..

Oh awesome!

My previous vehicle was a 2013 BMW 335i M Sport, loved it, until it got totaled :( I had a sweet system in that but was very costly..

* Mobridge DA2 digital/analog converter
* Helix DSP signal processor
* Arc Audio amp, 1100x1, powers sub
* Arc Audio amp, 1200x6, powers the rest
* Morel midrange and tweeters for front doors
* Morel point-source, 2 ways for rear deck
* Jehnert XE200 underseats
* JL Audio, 10W6v3 subwoofer in custom enclosure
Im not wanting to sink that kind of money into another system, as glorious as it was lol.

Oh awesome!

My previous vehicle was a 2013 BMW 335i M Sport, loved it, until it got totaled :( I had a sweet system in that but was very costly..

* Mobridge DA2 digital/analog converter

* Helix DSP signal processor

* Arc Audio amp, 1100x1, powers sub

* Arc Audio amp, 1200x6, powers the rest

* Morel midrange and tweeters for front doors

* Morel point-source, 2 ways for rear deck

* Jehnert XE200 underseats

* JL Audio, 10W6v3 subwoofer in custom enclosure

Im not wanting to sink that kind of money into another system, as glorious as it was lol.

I'm just not Into it anymore. My last system in my 07 was 3 way active hybrid audio setup with custom a pillars. Ran off of modded linear power amplifiers from a helix dsp with a stereo integrity 18,in a t line

Archived