Can I Listen To Your Custom Audio?

I'm just not Into it anymore. My last system in my 07 was 3 way active hybrid audio setup with custom a pillars. Ran off of modded linear power amplifiers from a helix dsp with a stereo integrity 18,in a t line

Oh awesome!

My previous vehicle was a 2013 BMW 335i M Sport, loved it, until it got totaled :( I had a sweet system in that but was very costly..

* Mobridge DA2 digital/analog converter

* Helix DSP signal processor

* Arc Audio amp, 1100x1, powers sub

* Arc Audio amp, 1200x6, powers the rest

* Morel midrange and tweeters for front doors

* Morel point-source, 2 ways for rear deck

* Jehnert XE200 underseats

* JL Audio, 10W6v3 subwoofer in custom enclosure

Im not wanting to sink that kind of money into another system, as glorious as it was lol.

Sweet on both counts!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to upgrade mine also. I'm a audiophile. The denali bose is good for normal people but not me. I've had a few sound comp cars in my life. I'm a kicker guy! I have everything in my garage to put in the truck other than under seat box for subs. But I don't want to replace the head unit for rca cables but for good sound you have to. Haven't really looked into the kicker replacement stuff cause I'm sure it isn't as good as I can do for that kind of money. But I'm ready to do something!

I want to upgrade mine also. I'm a audiophile. The denali bose is good for normal people but not me. I've had a few sound comp cars in my life. I'm a kicker guy! I have everything in my garage to put in the truck other than under seat box for subs. But I don't want to replace the head unit for rca cables but for good sound you have to. Haven't really looked into the kicker replacement stuff cause I'm sure it isn't as good as I can do for that kind of money. But I'm ready to do something!

You don't need to swap the head unit to have good sound. Staging and imaging is 75% of the battle. Not equipment

Ok. But the factory units don't have rca outs. Rca outs to amps provide better quality.

That why you.use some type of dsp after the head unit

Absolutely! My side business turned second full time job is in mobile audio and you can see some of what I do on Instagram @mrmarvsplace. My system will use the factory headunit to a Helix or Match processor, fully active Hybrid Audio Technologies speakers, JL Audio 10TW3 sub with a custom built/tuned passive radiator to enhance the bottom end, a custom enclosure/amp rack built by me from high grade Baltic Birch plywood (custom enclosure building is what I mainly do online and I am also a Hybrid Audio kit dealer) and Hybrid Audio or ARC Audio amps depending on how I end up configuring the system which keeps evolving as I go along!

For Nasty we are going to keep it simple with the new Hybrid Audio 2 way kit designed specifically for GM trucks that consists of 6x9's for the door and the soon to be released wide band 2" midrange for the top of the dash (no need for a dedicated tweeter) powered by an ARC Audio xdi 4 channel amp with room for expanding to a sub later..

When is HAT scheduled to release the GMC kit? I had Hybrid in the vehicle I just traded for my 2017 Denali and I'm ready to put my Helix processor and JL 900/5 in my truck. Would love to see that speaker set from HAT. Do you build sub boxes for under the rear seat of these trucks? I have been looking at the JL stealth box and seriously considering it.

When is HAT scheduled to release the GMC kit? I had Hybrid in the vehicle I just traded for my 2017 Denali and I'm ready to put my Helix processor and JL 900/5 in my truck. Would love to see that speaker set from HAT. Do you build sub boxes for under the rear seat of these trucks? I have been looking at the JL stealth box and seriously considering it.

The mids are in production now and Im not sure exactly but from what I understand it will be soon and yes I do build cusom enclosures for these trucks.

I'm out here in NY but love my setup, unfortunately going to start pulling it out soon since the trucks going up for sale

Converter: AudioControl LC7i to go from factory high outs to preamp outs, sub then goes into AudioControl Epicenter for a bit more kick - I have the rotary knob mounted on the back of my center jump seat towards the passenger side so I can reach down and adjust

4ch AMP: Precision Power 900w

Sub AMP: Precision Power 650w single ch

Front Speakers: Focal Component PS165

Rear Speakers: JL Audio c2 650x

Sub: 10in JL Audio 10w3v3-2 with Custom Sub Box

Think the whole setup cost me about $1,500

Amps are all mounted on a piece of ply behind the rear seats of the crew cab, plenty of room

I took a ton of pictures of the install and can't find one, I'll look harder and post

I listen to Country, Classic Rock, Alt Rock, EDM, this system takes every bit of it in stride, sub sounds amazing - didn't want the "I just want to raddle the mirrors off bass" I'm an audio engineer and wanted the bunch of the bass, the kicker sub isn't that much better than the stock bose one, and a 12in isn't precise enough for my ears

I'm out here in NY but love my setup, unfortunately going to start pulling it out soon since the trucks going up for sale

Converter: AudioControl LC7i to go from factory high outs to preamp outs, sub then goes into AudioControl Epicenter for a bit more kick - I have the rotary knob mounted on the back of my center jump seat towards the passenger side so I can reach down and adjust

Amps are all mounted on a piece of ply behind the rear seats of the crew cab, plenty of room

I took a ton of pictures of the install and can't find one, I'll look harder and post

I listen to Country, Classic Rock, Alt Rock, EDM, this system takes every bit of it in stride, sub sounds amazing - didn't want the "I just want to raddle the mirrors off bass" I'm an audio engineer and wanted the bunch of the bass, the kicker sub isn't that much better than the stock bose one, and a 12in isn't precise enough for my ears

Wow only $1500 too? Sounds like a great setup! Would love to see some pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is everyone getting around the chimes being loud after amping the signal after the Bose amp? Some say they had issues; however, others have no problems with it. Do you just keep the gains on new amp low?

How is everyone getting around the chimes being loud after amping the signal after the Bose amp? Some say they had issues; however, others have no problems with it. Do you just keep the gains on new amp low?

I can't tell a difference in the chimes after adding amps.

I can't tell a difference in the chimes after adding amps.

Do you just have a sub or are your speakers amped as well? Because you should definitely be able to tell

Archived