F-150 Lariat

Ultimate 2022

FWIW

Have put on about 5500km on my new 17 Sierra SLE Kodiak 4x4 since June 22nd. It's not a stripped down model, but not fully loaded either. There isn't anything that I feel I really want or need that isn't on this truck. I like driving it & I get a grin when I get to/need to go somewhere.

For those who think the 5.3 is a sloth or gutless; you have absolutely no clue AT. ALL.

I've consistently beat the EPA mileage rating on mine many times without trying very hard, if at all. The truck is rated at something like 10.5l/100km hwy and I've been down into the nines many times (100km average) and have a best of 8.8. Have done a 600km trip and ended up with an average of 10.
Sometimes in city driving it beats hwy mileage....go figure :)

If I get the right traffic conditions on the hwy, and put some effort into it, I'm pretty sure I can get down below 8.5 on a 100km avg.

Haven't personally met anyone that has matched or beat the mileage rating on an ecoboost. They have a lot of power, but do suck a lot of fuel, unless they are unloaded and going downhill with a tailwind.

Ford has a good truck IMO, but they're just not for me. I have driven a late model platinum 1500 and there is no way that they have a superior ride to the K2xx GM 1500's. Maybe equal, but definitely not superior.

I like some creature comforts and options and accessories that make driving easier/better. However, I don't need the ego boost that many of the fluff trinkety things are supposed to deliver.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Ford f150 and f250 a lot but I love my Silverado! Those Ford's have a lot of extras there is no doubt but I like the look of the Silverado and the Sierra. Ford has had better options and special edition trucks for some time now but I have always thought the gm trucks look better.

2014 Silverado Z71

I would have considered the ford, but I can't get past those front windows. I'm not a fan of the dip they put in them.

That's to see the mirror. I love the F250SDs pre-2000. After that they went overboard on comfort features and less truck design for hard use. Aluminum body? Better never wreck it. I would not buy a 150 nor a 1500. Both have to me car quality suspensions and seem to be prone to all kinds of phenomena i.e. as discussed here at nauseam. I settled on this Silverado because of the price. Did not want a crew and hated to trade in the Sierra. It's albout needs for me not so much wants. I looked at Fords but was closer to a Tundra than a Ford. As eras go by one will be better than the next then it changes again. If Ford brought back the Bronco....well then all bets are off.

Well I came over from the ford world, I had 2015 f150 and loved it when I was looking I test drove a silverado and that was enough for me chevy in my opinion is much more comfortable ride and the 5.3 is smoother shifting then the 5.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm shopping trucks right now for an early August purchase. XLT with 302A package matches fairly well with LT All Star for comparison. It's a tough choice between the two. My guess is the next gen Silverado will be a lot like the F-150, lots of aluminum to save weight though GM might stay with naturally aspirated motors with AFM vs. turbo.

I might go with a Big Horn RAM. All steel truck, no turbos, with a very nice interior and IMO the most comfortable ride. Now that I am aware of them, I see a lot of RAMS on the road here and some of my friends who are pretty savvy have them.

I'm shopping trucks right now for an early August purchase. XLT with 302A package matches fairly well with LT All Star for comparison. It's a tough choice between the two. My guess is the next gen Silverado will be a lot like the F-150, lots of aluminum to save weight though GM might stay with naturally aspirated motors with AFM vs. turbo.

I might go with a Big Horn RAM. All steel truck, no turbos, with a very nice interior and IMO the most comfortable ride. Now that I am aware of them, I see a lot of RAMS on the road here and some of my friends who are pretty savvy have them.

Ram's are good trucks. My mom's Jeep has the same powertrain as a Ram, is 12 years old and has never been to the shop for anything but an oil change.

I might be in the minority but I also like the new Titans. Definitely appealing to me with the stout V8, best-in-class warranty, and available rear seat delete.

Just not a fan of a V-6 in a truck no matter how configured especially with turbo's, own it long enough and you will replace them. Bells and whistles are nice but not necessary for me, I do like my SLT. With the bigger V8 option in a GM or Chevy it's a no brainier for me. :happysad:

Switched from a 2014 Sierra SLT vibrator (buyback) to a 2016 F150 Lariat 502a, (both cost within $2k of each other) just a brief list of things the ford beats gm:

- first and foremost, cab size, it really can't be overstated how big the supercrew is rear seat room

- push button start/keyless entry

- LED head/tail, runnings

- twin panel moonroof

- better ride

- 3.5eco vs 5.3 sloth, no comparisson

- 360 camera's

- sync3 vs whatever bullshit that gm crap infotainment garbage is

The new Ford's are nice. To each his own. I disagree with most of what's said here, like Sync3, better ride, keyless start (who cares), twin panel roof (who cares).

I was a fan of Ford pre-'97. They lost me with their radical body change on their tenth generaion trucks. GM made a less significant change in 99. I went from a '95 F150 to a '00 Silverado and have stayed with GM. They have both taken on a more traditional appearance over the past several years but I still prefer GM. I am not attracted by novelty options. I do like conveniences but tasks like turning a key rather than pushing a button to start does nothing to improve my driving experience!

attachicon.gifIMG_1036.JPG

Coming in 2020

This is what I am waiting for from Ford. I will be looking at them the second year they are out. (Can't buy first year, been through that, waaaaaay to many problems they work through the first year.)

Archived