I bought a 2016 Silverado 3500HD with the 6.6 Duramax.

My questions and request for information is in relation to the following topics.

• How do I program the Driving Lights to remain on with the Daytime Running Lights and while the High-beams are on?
  • How do I increase the number of Blinks on my "lane change signals" from 3 to 7? When I push my signal lever part-way I can activate a momentary 3 flash lane change signal. I pull trailers often and I would like to increase the number of times it flashes.
  • Is there a way to have a Re-Gen notification on the DIC?
  • There are other things I'd like to change as well, But I'll start with this..

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm just not sure where to start

LWK

-------Always Do Your Best-------

---Always Do the Right Thing---

My questions and request for information is in relation to the following topics.

• How do I program the Driving Lights to remain on with the Daytime Running Lights and while the High-beams are on?
  • How do I increase the number of Blinks on my "lane change signals" from 3 to 7? When I push my signal lever part-way I can activate a momentary 3 flash lane change signal. I pull trailers often and I would like to increase the number of times it flashes.

LWK

I can only answer the first 2:

1) Search the forums here. There is a mod where you install a diode to make the fog lights come on with the DRL's.

2) Put the truck in Tow/Haul mode by pushing the button on the end of the gear selector. This changes your transmission shift points but it also makes the lane change signal flash 7 times.

I don't know about your other questions ...

• 1 month later...

#3 No.

No message on DIC (or anywhere else) for a regen.

(GM intended that regen be a non-event and not impact vehicle usage)

I ran an '11 dmax (LML)for nearly 5 years, mostly as a short trip daily driver. Never ever saw any message regarding regen.

The DPF cleaning cycle is designed to be a background event and not noticeable to the driver. However if the filter is full and you are not driving above 30MPH on a regular basis, you may be asked to drive above 30MPH until the message goes away. They say that the DPF cleaning can happen as often as once per tank of fuel.

Lots of people have asked about the fog lamps coming on with the DRLs - basic answer is that is not a programmable feature - even at the dealer.

The answer to the blinks is correct.

In essence the BCM has limited programmability and all the dealer can do is change the base code with updates.

There is no special hack they can (or will) do.

If you want to try it on your own - good luck.

So the only way to get more flashes on the turn signal, is to go to tow haul mode? What bullshit, loose 6th gear, and have the trans wind out he motor just to get a decent number of flashes? Who even thought that 3 flashes is enough, anyhow?

So the only way to get more flashes on the turn signal, is to go to tow haul mode? What bullshit, loose 6th gear, and have the trans wind out he motor just to get a decent number of flashes? Who even thought that 3 flashes is enough, anyhow?

Last vehicle I drove if I wanted more than one flash I had to engage the turn signal switch. I'm more than happy with my three.

This feature is kind of ridiculous in the first place. I just push the turn signal stalk slightly in the direction I want to signal. It works everytime exactly how many flashes I want :)

Tow/haul doesn't lock out 6th gear....

T/H does increase the shift rpm points, but if it if driving at a speed that would be in 6th in normal but still in 5th on tow haul, activating t/h does not cause a downshift.

• 3 months later...
On 7/18/2017 at 1:56 PM, 321Gochiefs said:

LWK

As far as Regen status, you can monitor it and a bunch of other parameters via an Edge CTS2.  I've played around with GM's software in the BCM and the only thing I was able to change on my truck was the tire pressure thresholds.  Reduced all four to 50 psi to get the TPMS light to go off b/c that's where i run the tires w/ the truck empty.  

Archived