2017 Silverado Whistling noise

I've had this same issue on my 2015. I narrowed it down to the center clearance marker. Does yours have clearance marker lights in the roof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've had whistling on my previous 2500HDs (GMT800 & 900 versions). The 900 was the worst of the 3. I noticed that if I had my lid folded up against the cab back, it got even louder.

I haven't really noticed anything w/ the K2XX, yet.

I've had this same issue on my 2015. I narrowed it down to the center clearance marker. Does yours have clearance marker lights in the roof?

Yes I do, I also taped them off with masking tape with no luck.

Speed Compensating Volume ;-)

Lmao!

I've had whistling on my previous 2500HDs (GMT800 & 900 versions). The 900 was the worst of the 3. I noticed that if I had my lid folded up against the cab back, it got even louder.

I haven't really noticed anything w/ the K2XX, yet.

Did you ever narrow it down?

Damn. We'll let me know if you figure out how to silence it. I'm curious if I'm not looking at something and it's just a coincidence my testing has pointed to the center marker. I replaced it last year and....it still made the noise!

I have heard of guys having the center light make noise. I don't believe that my case as I taped all of the fronts of the lights and its still a train.

Damn. We'll let me know if you figure out how to silence it. I'm curious if I'm not looking at something and it's just a coincidence my testing has pointed to the center marker. I replaced it last year and....it still made the noise!

Is yours still whistling?

Lmao!

Did you ever narrow it down?

No, it wasn't horrible but it varied from noticeable to barely audible. I'm wondering if like dab5577 says that weather conditions may play a role?

Part of my theory is part of the seal softens when it's hot out. It doesn't make any noise between October and May. Luckily mines been much quieter this summer so far.

Part of my theory is part of the seal softens when it's hot out. It doesn't make any noise between October and May. Luckily mines been much quieter this summer so far.

Does yours sound like my video when it's whistling ?

• 1 year later...