White Frost Tricoat vs Summit White

Looking to upgrade my '11 Summit White Tahoe to a '17 Yukon Denali. Test drove at dealer yesterday and they only had White Frost tricoat with options we wanted. I had planned on getting Summit White again b/c I really don't like cream or off-white of white diamond tricoat in the past. But the White Frost looks better than WDT I think. It's more of a TRUE White (with sparkles). However, I still worry about fading over time and getting a golden hue. Ultimately would prefer Summit White. Thoughts?

This is a slippery slope, as those that don't care for it as much are in a position of appearing to criticize a decision you may indeed make.

But you asked, so respectfully I offer my opinion. The "sparkley white" is awesome if the vehicle will belong to your wife or daughter. I agree it's technically beautiful, but it reminds me of a Barbie car.

For instance, Toyota offers a very close color option. One of my daughters' 4Runners is that color. It's also more expensive to paint -should that ever be needed - and difficult to touch up.

It's funny you should say that because I'm the wife in this scenario and will be the one driving the Yukon. My husband actually is okay with White Frost Tricoat. I need to tell him it's a "Barbie" color?.

The "sparkley white" is awesome if the vehicle will belong to your wife or daughter. I agree it's technically beautiful, but it reminds me of a Barbie car.

According to Boardmember, tell your husband driving the Barbie color car will be ok as long as you tell everyone the truck belongs to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a 2017 LT with the WFT paint. I like arctic white trucks, but the wife says they look too much like plain old work trucks. She loved the pearlescent WFT, though, and approved the purchase. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great although I never understood why folks debadge, but to each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Loco, I wash it quite a bit in the winter they collect water and there was a bit of dirt behind them. I call them shit catchers [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived