2.5" Rough Country - Steering Noise (RESOLVED)

OK, so I posted a video (below), on a separate thread and thought I resolved the issue, but ended up getting nowhere with it.

I installed a RC 2.5" level kit and developed a steering noise. It obviously tweeked in a way that made certain parts work harder than usual.

I had it for a couple months and checked just about everything there was to check...CV, inner and outer tie rods, rack, bushings, and sway bar end links. Loosened all bolts and re-torqued to specs. The noise wouldn't go away.

Replaced the end links with MOOG parts and nothing (wasn't expecting this to really help, but they were cheap and worth the efforts)

Last night I had enough, took the strut out and removed the spacer on the top of it. I figured, not many people had issues with the 2" level but multiple had issues with the 2.5" level. The spacer came out, fastened everything up and torqued down.

The noise is gone. Something with that spacer did NOT like my front end. I see many people running the 2.5, maybe they're OK with the noise, I wasn't. To have a semi new truck and it already develop that noise really irked me.

So, if you're experiencing this noise, remove that top spacer. Eventually, i'm sure more failures will occur. The noise only got louder for me.

I have the same parts and problem as you. I made several posts on here trying to resolve this issue. I guess I'll take it in and have my top spacer removed as well. Thanks , hope it fixes mine as well.

I have the same parts and problem as you. I made several posts on here trying to resolve this issue. I guess I'll take it in and have my top spacer removed as well. Thanks , hope it fixes mine as well.

Please let me know if this works for you. Want to make sure the top spacer really was this issue so I can contact RC for a refund or credit and to let them know what the top spacer is doing to some vehicles.

I am having the same clicking issue with my new (to me, bought 7-22-17) 2014 Silverado CCSB 4x4. there is some type of 2.5-3" space in mine right now, and it developed the clicking noise. I think I am going to order the RC bottom 2" spacer and remove the top spacer completely to see if it eliminates the problem.

I just need to make sure the 2" bottom spacer will still allow clearance of the current wheels/tires (305/45r22's - there were on the truck when I bought it, but need to last me another 3 months).

Please let me know if this works for you. Want to make sure the top spacer really was this issue so I can contact RC for a refund or credit and to let them know what the top spacer is doing to some vehicles.

PS - I am also in Florida (West Palm Beach area) - I have seen a few complain about the heat exacerbating the issue. Do you find that yours was clicking constantly in the Florida heat?

• 4 weeks later...

PS - I am also in Florida (West Palm Beach area) - I have seen a few complain about the heat exacerbating the issue. Do you find that yours was clicking constantly in the Florida heat?

Yep, still does it slightly. Just not as bad.

Archived