LT 305/55r20 E load rating tire pressure??

I've recently put 305/55r20 bfg ko2 tires on my 2014 silverado double cab 1500 with a 2" front level

. I messaged BFG twice and got two VERY different answers when asking the exact same question and telling them my oem tire size/recommended pressure.

One rep told me 50 psi and another told me 35 psi. The fact that I got two drastically different responses when giving the exact same question:supporting information, doesn't exactly make me want to trust their answers.

I would think most 305/55/20 LT E load tires would have similar (probably not identical, but close enough to get a good ballpark number) load/per psi.

I'm wanting to know what others have their 305/55r20 LT E load tires at to experience even/longer term wear.

I've currently got mine at about 42 cold, and they seem to go to about 46 warm. It looks like the outside may be wearing a bit prematurely. But the BFG KO2 design may just be weird in that the outside of the tire's "base" of the tread seems to raise up. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I run Duratracs in the same size, typically between 38-40 cold, and currently have almost 55k on them with a decent amount of tread left. Also, I rotate them every oil change.

You should be safe in the 40psi range. According to my math it comes out to 36psi but I've heard that you don't want to run an E rated tire below 40psi. My tires cold are 40psi (35x12.5r20 toyo rt) I think I'm going to bump them up to 45psi

There is a chart on the Toyo website for going from a "P" rated tire to a "LT" tire. You have to do some math but I put a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT285/60R20 on a few weeks ago. Kauffman Tire inflated them to 35 psi and I asked about it and the manager told me they go by the door sticker. The truck felt a little mushy so I did the Toyo formula and ended up with 42 psi. There's also a chalk test you can do but I've read it's not the most reliable however I tried it with my current inflation and it seems to be right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Archived